What can I offer St Joseph's
- Experience in different settings, working alongside different colleagues and during my time have experienced different teaching styles
- Strength and experience in the Junior area of the School - my favourite age
- Motivated and committed to teaching
- Working within a team
- Ensure children are involved in positive achievements
- Offer a programme that caters for individual learning needs and interests
- Take responsibility for leading subject areas
- Experience and knowledge with ICT
My Overall teacher Judgement - how do I make these?
- Relate achievements back to National standards, Literacy and Numeracy progressions
- Using Key Competencies to raise children's awareness of their own learning - monitor and provide evidence of each area
- Employing appropriate assessment schedule
- Discussions with fellow staff members regarding my overall teacher judgments
- Use either Spirals of Learning or Teaching as Inquiry Process to evaluate learning and achievements
- Strong relationships with children allows you to consider the human perspective to teaching
- Student voice, important to get the child’s feedback about how their learning is progressing, their achievements, their own goals and reflections, making them feel part of the learning process
- Listen carefully to the people involved with the child include their judgements, snippets of information e.g. Nans sick etc and how that will influence affect the situation.
- Set high standards for myself
- Dedicated and conscious - being committed to completing tasks thoroughly
- Collecting too many good ideas and forgetting to use these
- Speeding too many hours on facebook ( teacher related sites), going off on tangents exploring new ideas
- Organisation of my teaching resources on my computer … Google Drive is hopefully remedying this
- ‘Yes’ person rather than a ‘no’ person, as I don’t like to upset others.
- Talk through my reflects with colleagues, but not recording these in the same detail
• Keen to contribute to the corporate life of the school and are supportive of the special character.
• Aim to provide a positive role model with strong Christian beliefs. I’m a member of the parish and support this link with the school.
• Able to work cooperatively, lead effectively and eagerly take on new challenges and responsibilities, showing initiative and enthusiasm. Working within a team is one of my strengths.
• Well organized, self-motivated.
• Looking forward to participating fully in school wide activities, leading curriculum areas and sharing my expertise.
• Committed to developing my knowledge about current teaching philosophies. I am eager to participate fully with professional learning and am committed to challenging myself further as a teacher.
• As a member of this rural School community, I would aim to actively promote the school character within the wider community. I believe my knowledge and involvement with the School and wider community would be an advantage to the students. I play an active role with community activities and believe this will bring further expertise to the teaching position.