What's coming up
- Wed 28 Oct: P&F meeting by Zoom @ 6.30.
- Mon 9 Nov: Zoom writing meetings (bookings now open)
- Tue 3 Nov: K-2 spirituality day.
- Thu 12 Nov: Book Week parade (to be live streamed)
- Fri 13 Nov: Kinder orientation 9.30am - 11.30am
- Fri 13 Nov: Socktober event (out of uniform)
- Fri 20 Nov: Year 5 & 6 to Morisset Day Camp - (notes and money due back Mon 9 Nov)
From the PrinciPAL
Because World Teachers’ Day is celebrated during the October school holidays each year, Australia delays the celebration until late October. This Friday (30th October) we celebrate and thank the teaching profession which has ensured that education has continued across the country this year, despite major challenges.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly added to the challenges faced by already over-extended education systems throughout the world. It is no exaggeration to say that the world is at a crossroads and, now more than ever, we must work with teachers to protect the right to education and guide it into the unfolding landscape brought about by the pandemic.
The role of teachers in responding to the pandemic has been critical in terms of providing remote learning, supporting vulnerable families, re-opening schools, and ensuring that students whose learning stalled during the shutdown of schools have been given extra assistance.
Each day, the teachers at St Patrick’s make a positive difference – creating opportunities for students, empowering the minds of children, and proudly teaching our future leaders, innovators and influencers.
If there is a particular teacher who has made a difference for your child, this may be an opportunity to send them a note or an email expressing your appreciation.
Have a good week.
P&F BY ZOOM
The next meeting of the P&F will take place tomorrow evening (28th October). The meeting will take place via Zoom, beginning at 6.30pm. It has been scheduled to run for 1½ hours. Meeting via Zoom will enable you to contribute your ideas without leaving home.
If you plan to attend this meeting:
- Make sure you have downloaded Zoom to your device.
- Use this link or copy it into your search bar: https://mncatholic.zoom.us/j/95916237060
- Click on ‘Open Zoom meetings’.
- Click on ‘Join with computer audio’.
- Click on ‘Start video’.
- If you are prompted to type a password, the password is 199076.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Let's sock it to poverty together
We are very excited to be participating in Socktober on Friday 13th November, and to be helping our students to Sock it to Poverty!
We need your help! We’ll be kicking off our activities soon, so we invite all parents and carers to register their children as Socktober Stars at this link so that they can be part of it:
Don’t forget to link your page to your child’s school house team on the site.
Should you choose, please consider helping your child to set a target and fundraise for vulnerable children to fulfil their basic needs. Once registered, students can ask their friends and families to sponsor them in kicking goals for kids around the world. Or you may prefer to bring in a cash donation on 13th November.
Thanks for your support. We look forward to updating you on our Socktober journey!
Religious Education Coordinator
This week we have welcomed a new student to St Patrick’s – Kieren – who will be joining Year 1 Blue. Our students are always excited when new students join our school community, and we know that Kieren will be made to feel very welcome at St Patrick’s. Kieren’s parents have recently moved into the area.
Morisset Camp reminder
Parents of Years 5 & 6 are reminded that the Morisset Camp note and payment are due back no later than next Monday 9 November. A copy of the note can be found on Compass if you can’t locate it in your child’s bag.
ZOOM WRITING MEETINGS
Monday 9 November 2020
We are inviting all of our parents/carers to attend another three-way meeting between student, parent/carer and teacher to discuss the progress that your child is making as a writer, to reflect upon their previously set writing goals and the new strategies we are implementing to improve their writing. The meetings will be held via Zoom on Monday 9 November 2020.
Parents/Carers are asked to book a time using the COMPASS booking system, as follows:
1. On a PC:
- Log into the portal at https://swansea-nsw.compass.education/.
- Click the ‘Book Parent/Teacher interviews’ link from the home page.
- Follow the steps to select a teacher and a time.
- Alternatively, click on ‘Community’ > then ‘Conferences’, and select the meeting that reflects your child’s year.
2. On a mobile app version of COMPASS:
- Choose the three lines in the top left corner, and select ‘Conferences’.
- You will then be able to book a teacher and a time.
On Friday 6 November 2020, you will receive an invitation to a Zoom meeting with your child’s teacher. You will be asked to log into the Zoom meeting at your allotted booking time on 9 November.