Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, Sept. 5th
- School Closed: Labor Day
Tuesday, Sept. 6th - Day 3
- KidStuff Book Sale Begins (Proceeds Benefit the HSA)
- Volleyball vs. Coatesville 3:30 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Wednesday, Sept. 7th - Day 4
- 535 Building: School Picture Day
- Grade 3 & 500 Building: Back to School Night 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Spanish Honor Society Fundraiser During Back to School Night
- Varsity Cross Country vs. Lower Moreland/George School 3:45 pm @ Lower Moreland High School
Thursday, Sept. 8th - Day 5
- 468/486, 500, and 515 Buildings: School Picture Day
- Varsity Soccer vs. Community Academy of Philadelphia 3:45pm @ Community Academy of Philadelphia
- Volleyball vs. Community Academy of Philadelphia 3:45pm @ Community Academy of Philadelphia
- 150 Building: Title I/RAP Program Presentation for Parents 5:30pm-6:00pm @ 150 Cafeteria/Gym #826
- Grades K-2: Back to School Night 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Spanish Honor Society Fundraiser During Back to School Night
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00pm @ 435 Conference Room
Friday, Sept. 9th - Day 6
- 150 Building: School Picture Day
- CCS Athletics Department Sock Fundraiser Ends
- Volleyball vs. Oxford 3:30pm @ Oxford Area High School
- MS Welcome Back Rec Night 6:00pm-8:00pm @ 515 Gym
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Marla Lackey
- Avanish Rao
- Lily McFadden
- Victoria Hernandez
- Jocelyn Scott
- Ellie McSorley
- Dylan Marchiondo
- Tripp Dolan
- Boden Ouwlette
- Chancelor Johnson
- Aiden Rager
- Meredith Baccile
- Mady Schuibbeo
- Mr. Garsils' Class
- Rowan Krakower
- Anya Drew
- Xavier Aaronson
- Christopher Hoertz
- Josue Roman
Dual Enrollment Information Night
Attention: Juniors, Seniors, and Parents/Guardians
CCS will host a Dual Enrollment Night on Tuesday, September 13th from 7:00pm-9:00pm in the 535 Library. Dual Enrollment is a partnership program with Delaware County Community College that allows Juniors and Seniors to take college courses for credit while still in high school.
If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to Mrs. Tracy Wolfe by Friday, September 9th.
Upcoming College Fair
On Friday, September 16th, CCS will host a college fair. Students in grades 9th-12th will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from colleges and universities, as well as participate in college-centered workshops including:
- Identifying Career Goals
- The Vocabulary of College
- Time Management
- Building a College Resume
- Researching Colleges
- Understanding College Internships
Parents/guardians, we need your help! Talk with your children about this great opportunity. Encourage them to engage the representatives in conversations and gather as much information as possible. If your children are in grades 11th and 12th, you are invited to also attend the college fair with your CCS student. Please take a minute to RSVP for the event.
Title I Reading Program
Our Reading Specialists cordially invite parents to learn more about the Title I Reading Program for Grades K-3 (also called R.A.P. or the Reading Assistance Program) on Wednesday, September 9th from 5:30pm-6:00pm in the following locations:
- 150 Cafeteria/Gym (#826)
- 468 Multi-Purpose Room
These sessions are designed to provide parents with pertinent information about the criteria used to determine whether a student may benefit from additional reading assistance, as well as what you can expect if your child is eligible to participate. We hope to see you there!
KidStuff Book Fundraiser
KidStuff Books will be sent home with the oldest child (K-6th) in each family on Tuesday, September 6th. If you’d like to keep the book, please submit payment using the form provided. If you don’t want to keep the book, please return it ASAP.
Families with students in grades 7th-12th - if you are interested in purchasing books, please send in a payment with your children. Books are $25.00 each. Place each payment in a sealed envelope marked "ATTN: HSA." Please also include your child's name, building, and homeroom teacher information.
On September 17th, we will need volunteers to help collect books, verify orders, and package unsold books for return. Please sign-up using the link below.
School Stores in 500, 150, and 468/486 will be open for business starting Wednesday, September 7th. We appreciate everyone already registered to volunteer to make our stores a success. There are some available times and we even added morning times at 468/486. Please sign-up to volunteer (clearances are required) using the link below.
The 500 Music Room is looking for donations of old games to help with some of our class projects. Requested games include:
- Don't Break the Ice
- Ladder Ball
- Don't Spill the Beans
If you are willing to donate any of games above, please send them in to "Ms. Urbas, 500 Building."
Our 468/486 Building is in need of a durable and lockable equipment shed to store new playground accessories. Exact dimensions requested are 5' x 6' x 3'. Able to donate? Please email Mrs. Fritzinger.
Final Week of K-12 Sock Fundraiser
Our Boys' Varsity Basketball Team is selling Cougar Gear socks that can be worn as part of a student’s regular school uniform. Socks are available in hunter green, maroon, and navy blue, and feature the CCS athletics logo on the front of the sock. The design is similar to popular Nike Elite socks.
School Picture Days
Our School Picture Day schedule is below.
- 535 Building: Wednesday, Sept. 7th
- 500 Building: Thursday, Sept. 8th
- 515 Building: Thursday, Sept. 8th
- 468/486 Buildings: Thursday, Sept. 8th
- 150 Building: Friday, Sept. 9th
Order forms were sent home with students last week. While all students will have their photos taken, only those students who have their order envelope and payment or proof of online payment will be able to purchase photos.
If a student forgets their order envelope or is absent, their photo can be re-taken on picture retake day which will be scheduled later this fall.
Students have their pictures taken in their CCS uniforms. If a student’s picture day is on their PE day...it's OK to be in the regular CCS uniform and not the PE uniform.
The class photos are not delivered with your order. As they are compilation photos, not a group photo, they are sent home later in the school year (usually in January/February) after all photos have been taken.
Pictures for the Class of 2017
There are no order forms for senior pictures prior to picture day. A variety of photos will be taken and a proof sheet and order form will be sent home with students a few weeks after picture day. Seniors will receive detailed information from their advisor, Ms. O'Neill.
Campus Main Office Extensions
- 468/486 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6401
- 150 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6811
- 500 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6106
- 515 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6336 (Please update your records as the extension changed during the 2015-2016 school year.)
- 535 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6602