2021 MACP SCHOLARSHIP kamiak WINNER:
Every year, members of Mukilteo Association of Classified Personnel (MACP) award four $750 scholarships to seniors. MACP has presented a Kamiak student as one of the winners of this year’s scholarships:
As a member of many campus clubs and show band, Gaia has demonstrated an ability to make a positive impact and excel academically. Gaia has been accepted to Dartmouth University and will begin there this fall.
Replenish your spirit by watching this virtual choir performance, a result of a festival project with four Puget Sound area high schools, including Kamiak High School. When students were in 100% distance learning, this was an attempt to create a virtual choir festival. Students met virtually with Dr. Angie Kaspar from WWU and then submitted their recordings individually. The song is called Hope Lingers On, an apropos title considering this year. Thanks to Nancy Duck Jefferson for submitting it!
Please return textbooks, library books, guitars and computers that are no longer of use. We will continue collection through June 17th. Please follow the schedule below:
Wondering if you have anything outstanding? You can check your student account by going into Qmlativ and clicking on the "Fees" icon. To see what books you have checked out, log into your Destiny account.
COMPUTER RETURN INFORMATION:
All student-issued laptops and chargers will be collected at the end of the 2021-21 school year. New laptops will be checked out to students at the beginning of the 2021-22 school year. If a student is attending Summer School, the student should still hand in their laptop and a new one will be provided at Summer School. If you have a laptop issued from a different Mukilteo school, please return it to Kamiak. If a student is out of state or country, laptops still need to be returned (in-person or mail). Contact the Technology Department at 425-356-1207 for details on how to return a laptop in this case.
THE YEAR’S FINAL ISSUE OF THE GAUNTLET IS LIVE!
Read about the future societal effects of COVID-19, the leading cause of Amazonian deforestation, and delicious recipes to try this summer!
THIS YEAR’S FINAL EPISODE OF KTV is available
Are you interested in being part of the team? Come talk to Mr. Rodriguez in Room 142 next fall!
QUARANTINED ART CONTEST
Thanks to all of you who submitted your work to the Kamiak Quarantined Art Contest. We thank you for using your talent to capture this unique and difficult year of online and hybrid learning.
And now for the results:
Congratulations to our Runners Up: Audrey Kreick and Lillian Eidbo. And a huge round of applause and congratulations to the winner of the 2021 Quarantine Art Contest – Sorrelle Robertson.
Congratulations and thanks for your submissions.
stop by the bookkeeping office
- 8:00 to 8:30AM
- During Nutritional Breaks (10:00-10:15AM; 11:40-11:55AM)
- 1:20 to 2:30PM
You will need to bring your Kamiak Student ID card OR valid government-issued ID to claim your yearbook. Guardian picking up for you? They will need YOUR valid Kamiak Student ID card OR valid government-issued ID and your student ID number to claim your yearbook.
Running Start students, remote students, and parental units, please email or call Ms. Cunningham to arrange a pick-up time outside of the school day pick-up times: CunninghamKT@mukilteo.wednet.edu or (425) 366-5428.
DANCE TEAM AUDITIONS
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
If you are interested in trying out for dance, please register for the 2021-22 Fall Coed Dance in FinalForms. Registration will be open until June 21st. Auditions will take place from June 21 - June 25. All interested candidates should enroll in Dance & Choreography. If you are not selected for the team, you will receive your alternate course choice. While a studio dance background is a definite asset to making the team, it is NOT a prerequisite. Tryout packets are now available in the main office or from Ms. Noonan in room 315.
Send your questions to Ms. Noonan: NoonanKM@mukilteo.wednet.edu
videos honoring you:
Teachers wishing you Farewell:
advice from your siblings & senior slideshow:
Farewell Assembly Recording:
- June 14: Diploma Pick-Up (7:30AM - 2:30PM)
- June 14: Handprint Wall (Last Day)
- June 17: All textbooks/materials due
SENIOR RECOGNITION IS A VIRTUAL PUBLICATION WHERE SENIORS ARE RECOGNIZED FOR:
- “Surprise” awards that will be revealed that evening
- Merit awards
- Local scholarships
- Washington Honors Awards
- Graduates entering the military
- Career & Technical Education Certifications
- Sno-Isle Certifications
- AA degrees from Running Start
- Athletic scholarships
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
GRADUATE PERSONALIZED PHOTO-OP kNIGHT
Want to decorate your cap (see details) and wear all those extra tassels and cultural celebration neck adornments? Have family in town for graduation who will be watching the formal ceremony via Livestream? We are excited to announce that we are hosting a “Mini Fast Pass Graduation Photo-Op kNight.”
FRIDAY, JUNE 11 | 4:00-7:00 PM
- We will have a stage and backdrop set-up at the South end of campus for a photo with a diploma cover. We will also have other photo op locations around Main Campus.
- Enter the South end of campus (by the PAC). We will have directional signs to support traffic flow.
- Families may bring up to three (3) carloads to cheer for and take pictures of their graduate.
- Graduates can take a “final walk” through the front of the school and meet their family on the north side of the lot. If you want to take additional pictures around campus, Park in the Southeast (Purple) Lot or the North (White) Lot (by Gym Complex).
- Please respect outdoor social distancing with other groups.
We are very excited for our graduation ceremonies!
Please refer to the Graduation Guide button below for details on what to expect and how to prepare for Graduation Day.
SATURDAY, 12 JUNE
Angel of the Winds Arena
2000 Hewitt Ave, Everett, WA 98201
We are pleased to announce that current capacity guidance in the Arena allows us to offer three (3) tickets to each graduate. If guidance around capacity changes before graduation, and we can accommodate more guests, we will allocate additional tickets to students’ families. Tickets will be distributed during Graduation practice on Wednesday, 9 June.
As you know, our event will be live-streamed this year in order to allow family and friends to enjoy the celebration of your graduate. With having to use a ticket system this year, as well as other limits due to Covid, live streaming allows more participants to be “present” for this special day. Live streaming will run through Kamiak’s YouTube Channel. Visit our channel on graduation day.
reminders & updates:
- Remember to EAT something before you arrive at the Arena.
- Ceremony 1 Graduates arrive by 3:00 PM at the Conference Center entrance on Hewitt Ave.
- Ceremony 2 Graduates arrive by 5:45 PM at the Conference Center entrance on Hewitt Ave.
- The goal is to not get caught in the previous graduation ceremony traffic AND be ready to start our mini-rehearsal on time.
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes.
- No decorations on caps (you can do that for Photo-Op kNight/Make it Your Way (June 11 from 4-7 P) make sure your decorations are removable and don’t damage your cap. Consider using a piece of cardboard for your decorations, cut to the size of your cap).
- Attestation: We are NOT checking attestations forms. So, if you have any symptoms, then please stay home.
- Masks: All guests must have a mask and wear it at all times in the Arena. GRADUATES: We will have a mask for you at the Arena that complies with County/State guidance. It is also uniform with your peers. So, be ready to swap out the mask you wear into the Arena with a new one).
June 14 from 7:30 - 2:30
Stop by the Counseling Center on Monday, June 14th to pick up your diploma. There are no wave assignments, just check-in anytime between 7:30AM to 2:30PM.
While on campus, don't forget to put your handprint on the wall (see below)...
June 14 is your last chance
Monday, June 14 is the last day to put your handprint up on the wall!
Please come between 8:30AM to 1PM. And please bring your extra Kamiak Spirit Gear to donate!
Contact your Jostens representative, Scott Krenz at (360) 653-9102 or (425) 231-4490.
Senior Recognition virtual publication is live!
CELEBRATE KAMIAK SENIORS!
Navy ROTC Scholarship Now Open
Are you interested in getting a full tuition & books scholarship to college? The ROTC Scholarship is a great way to pay for college and have a job as an officer in the military when you complete your Bachelor's Degree. The Scholarship application is now open. See the Navy ROTC Flyer for details.
need your transcript?
For instructions on ordering a transcript, please click the button below:
Make a Zoom appointment with Mr. Stelling for help with:
- Running Start
- College Admissions
- Post High School Plans
- Career Exploration through Personality Traits
- Anything else we can help you with!
To schedule a Zoom appointment click here or scan the QR code bellow with your Smartphone's camera
CHECK OUT other NEWS ON THE CCRC PAGE:
- Webinar for Kamiak Juniors
- Edmonds College for Kamiak Grads
- Everett Community College for Kamiak Grads
- Running Start
- Summer Opportunities
- Shoreline Community College
- Senior Exit Survey
- RAM Technologies Summer Internship 2021
- UW Tech Exploration Summer Program
- Marine Corps NROTC Scholarship Opportunity open for JUNIORS
- Community Youth Corps Summer Internship
- Jobs for 18 and older - RAM Technologies
- WSDOT jobs for high school grads
- 12 weeks to a Career in Manufacturing- Edmonds College
- Local Company offers Job Opportunities for after graduation
Make sure to check out the Kamiak CCRC Calendar for college visits, college fairs, financial aid help sessions, scholarships, career information and more.
Contact the Kamiak CCRC with any questions: KamiakCCRC@mukilteo.wednet.edu
SUMMER SCHOOL 2021
registration is open until June 17
Summer School will be held at Voyager Middle School. High school students will attend from 8:30am-11:30am. In-person learning will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Asynchronous learning will be on Wednesdays. HS Credit Retrieval/PLATO will be fully remote with students having access to teachers during office hours.
- High School summer school is designed for those students who are behind in credit toward graduation and thus are deemed credit deficient.
- Any student, grades 9-12 may enroll in Elite Fitness regardless of credit standing.
- Students must complete the on-line application to attend.
- Students will need to be available to engage with their teachers and classmates during these hours of instruction. Attendance is vitally important. Students may miss up to 3 days of summer school or they will be disenrolled from the program with loss of credit if seeking HS credit.
- Grab and go lunches will be available.
- Limited bus transportation will be available.
- The last day to enroll in 2021 Summer School is Thursday, June 17th.
High School Options
Current high school students in grades 9-12 may enroll in the following courses:
- Classroom based instruction - teacher directed courses in Algebra, Geometry, English, Health, Physical Science or WA State History. Designed for students who failed one semester and need credit retrieval. If the course is successfully completed, students will earn 0.5 content specific credit. Courses will be graded Pass (P) or No Credit (NC)
- PLATO/Credit Retrieval - Designed for students who are credit deficient and in need of credit to graduate. Students work independently on computer-based courses with teacher support. Students can take up to two 0.5 credit courses but must complete one before starting the second course. Students will earn content specific credit and/or elective credit. Courses will be graded A, B, C, D, NC, or I
- Elite Fitness – designed for any student who wished to stay physically fit over the summer. Student will earn 0.5 PE credit if successfully complete the course. Course will be graded Pass (P) or No Credit (NC).
Students must engage and actively participate with their teacher and program to remain in the program. Students who do not engage will be withdrawn with no credit.
Students who engage in any form of Academic Dishonesty (cheating, plagiarism, copying, submitting someone else's work as their own) will be withdrawn with no credit.
Summer Open Conditioning
Greetings Kamiak Knights!
Kamiak’s weight room will be open throughout the summer for Open Conditioning. Starting on June 21st and continuing through August 13th , the weight room will be open from 9am to 11am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
If you would like to participate in Summer Open Conditioning, then each Kamiak student will need to complete the Summer Activity Parent Permission form (button below) and turn into the weight room supervisor for clearance into Summer Open Conditioning.
We will have the following safety measures in place for open conditioning throughout the summer:
- Masks will still be required for open conditioning
- Sanitize hands in and out of the weight room
- Maintain social distancing
- Students and staff will wipe down equipment with cleaning wipes as needed
- Under Phase III guidance there is a max capacity of 63 persons in the weight room at one time
We’re excited about offering this opportunity to get bigger/faster/stronger/healthier to all of our Kamiak students and student-athletes.
2021-22 Athletics Information
For information regarding District Physicals on Aug. 16th, 2021-22 sports season dates, and registration/clearance information, click here or check out the flyer below.
The FinalForms registration for 2021-22 is now open. Don’t wait until the last minute. Register today!
june 14 - july 31
Kamiak's Spring/Summer Activity period starts on 6/14 and runs through 7/31.
(Permission form must be given to your Coach)
Our Weight room is open to all Kamiak students for Open Conditioning from 2pm-4:15pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays through June 15. If you are interested in signing up for Co-Ed Open Conditioning, then you will need to register under Spring Sports Co-Ed Open Conditioning through Final Forms on the Athletics website. Only fully cleared students will be allowed to attend Open Conditioning. Our weight room supervisors may also assign you through Final Forms to either group A (2-3pm) or group B (3:10-4:10pm), because we have a limited capacity in the weight room of 63 individuals in Phase III.
Open conditioning participants will need to:
- Wear a face covering
- Sanitize hands in and out of the weight room
- Wipe down equipment before and after each use
- Bring your own water
Open Conditioning supervisors Coach Thomas and Coach Stengele will take attendance and complete the attestation process through Final Forms on a daily basis.
Click the button below to be directed to the NEW Home for Kamiak Athletics Schedules
May 3 - june 12
- Boys Swim & Dive
- Unified Basketball
Want to get a letterman jacket?
Jostens, our official graduation supplier, has provided an opportunity for families and students to design and order letter jackets online. You can also submit your order by mail or email by completing this Jacket Order Form. Letterman jacket guidelines can be found on the Kamiak Athletics page under the Policies section.
For more information, email KrenzOffice@Jostens.com
Please follow kamiak athletics:
workout app for yoga & HIIT
Our head boys basketball coach, Joe DeGrazia, shared the link below that will grant you free access to the Yoga and HIIT apps (Thanks Coach!).
- You just need to create an account with a wednet.edu email address, which all of our students have now.
- The apps provide guided workouts and let you customize what kind of workout you want to do, how long you want to do them, the workout focus, the music you want to listen to, etc.
- Feel free to utilize this free resource through July 1st, 2021 as a part of your self-care plan.
- Movement is key for all of our mental health and overall well-being.
For more information, contact SidelineSupport@BSNSports.com
become a kabc member
Kamiak Athletic Booster Club has been a tremendous partner over the years in providing our student-athletes with a great high school athletic experience and providing many College scholarships to deserving Senior student-athletes. Kamiak Athletics may need to rely more heavily upon KABC for financial support for our team budgets in the near future until we can return fully to normal operating conditions. We hope that day is coming soon! If you haven’t become a KABC member yet, then please consider doing so today. KABC is looking for people to get involved and volunteer on its Board of Directors. A few of the open positions available are General Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator, and Webmaster. For more information visit the KABC website.
We are so appreciative and grateful for your continued support of Kamiak Athletics and KABC.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
We only have 4 current board members staying with us next year. The others are graduating with their seniors!!!! If you would like to help support the school, think about joining us at KPTO. Many hands make light work! For more information you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEED A PARKING PASS?
Parking passes are free for the rest of the 2020-21 school year!
HERE’S HOW TO GET ONE:
- Fill out this survey
- Stop by Bookkeeping with the following:
- Your driver’s license
- Current proof of car insurance (check the dates to make sure it isn’t expired!)
- Car license plate number
The Bookkeeping Office is located on the 2nd floor, through the Attendance Office, and is open before & after school & during passing periods.
While the library is still closed for book browsing and checkout, you can still check out books!
- Check out books via the Destiny Catalog and we will deliver to you in class.
- Return books to the book drop outside the Library on the 3rd floor.
- Check out books via the Destiny Catalog and pick up in the Main Office during school hours.
- Return books to the bin inside the front doors during school hours.
Click here for a refresher on how to check out a book by placing a hold in the Destiny Catalog!
Please email Mrs. Schwenn, Kamiak Librarian, with questions.
kamiak after-school program
Students sometimes fall behind on deadlines for assignments and projects for a variety of reasons. Our Kamiak Afterschool Program (KAP) is designed to support students when this happens. Students attend KAP virtually where they can get help prioritizing, completing, and submitting work. Students who feel like they would benefit from this resource should talk with their teachers.
- KAP Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday at 2PM.
- KAP Advisors: Ms. Skowyra & Mrs. Becker.
KAMIAK ACADEMIC COACHES PRESENT...
Academic Coaches can help in all subject areas as you work on homework in a group setting to get 1-on-1 coaching.
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2 to 3PM via Zoom
Must be logged in with Mukilteo School District Google account to access form
Please email Pam Schwenn, Academic Coaches advisor, with questions: SchwennPL@mukilteo.wednet.edu
NEW ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
Students must be present and/or log in to each class every day to be counted as present, including Wednesdays. If your child is absent, please contact your school office to provide a reason for the absence. As always, if your child is showing any symptoms of illness, they must stay home. If your child misses in-person learning, you must contact the school before your child may return to class.
- Mukilteo School District
free covid vaccines
Families can request a hotspot or other internet service support by clicking on the button below:
SUMMER MEALS AVAILABLE STARTING JUNE 23!
Summer Meal Kit pick up starts Wednesday, 6/23/21. All Meals are FREE for all children under 18 (no enrollment necessary).
Our summer meal sites will be open for Wednesday pick-up: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Voyager Middle School: 11711 4th Ave W, Everett, WA 98204
- Harbour Pointe Middle School: 5000 Harbour Pointe Blvd, Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Mobile Route to Vantage Apartments (11:00am - 12:00pm)
Ms. Brittany Armstrong, RN, ARNP, Kamiak High School Nurse, (425) 366-5409
REQUIRED vaccines for the 21-22 school year:
Please contact the School Nurse at email@example.com if you have questions about your student’s shots, or documentation of medical or religious exemptions.
Student immunization records MUST be up-to-date for in-person learning and any school-sponsored activities, such as sports, clubs, music, drama, etc.
"Men B" for college
Did you know that many colleges/universities, dorms and other congregate housing sites require proof of vaccination (or exemption) for Meningitis ACWY? The “MenB” vaccine is also recommended for some locations.
While it is not required for high school, (and we don’t keep those records,) it is recommended by the Department of Health and CDC for adolescents. If you need documentation of all of your child’s vaccines please contact their regular clinic or register with the button below, for all their Washington State Immunization records, such as proof of meningitis and MMR shots.
With Covid case numbers rising, we have to be especially vigilant about following strict safety protocols at school. So this year, we have to manage student symptoms very differently than we have done in the past. The department of health requires us to send home students who show any of the symptoms on the Attestation form. If you have ANY 1 of the symptoms on the Attestation form—even just a headache--you should stay home, or you will be sent home from school. And if you are sent home from the Health Room, your parent or guardian will be called. If you have any combination of those symptoms, or they have lasted more than 24 hours, you may be asked to stay home for 10 days or get a Covid test before you come back to school. This is also true for sports, drama, choir, band, and any other school activities. So please, don’t come to school with any symptoms even if they’re mild or you suspect “it’s just a cold.” You should stay home and participate in class online instead. This will help keep us all as safe as possible when we are at school.
Our Prevention Intervention Specialist offers Support groups on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The groups are for students who have been involved with substance use. The groups give support and education to students who are trying to quit using substances or are requested to come to the groups.
- Monday: 1PM to 2PM (Kamiak Support Group)
- Wednesday: 11AM to 12PM (Kamiak Support Group)
- Friday: 1PM to 2PM (Wellness Group)
If you have concerns about a student or would like to join our Schoology group, you can contact Ms. Everett...
- Monday - Friday from 7:30 to 3:30PM: (425) 366-5435
- Email: EverettKM@mukilteo.wednet.edu
Kathleen Everett, Prevention Intervention Specialist
STUDENT ATTESTATION FORMS
Daily health attestation
High school students' families may use Qmlativ Family Access to answer electronically. For paper attestations, please click here. If the answer to any of the questions is yes, your child may not attend school in person and may not return until public health criteria for returning to school have been met and until the school interviews the parent or guardian.
Return to School Plan
We are so excited to welcome our students back to campus. As we return to in‐person learning, there are some key things students can do to ensure the safety and well‐being of themselves and others.
schedule & classrooms
Click the button below for directions on finding your schedule & classroom number.
District mobile app is here!
- You can select schools in our district to follow.
- Easy access to the staff directory, Schoology, school calendars, news & school social media feeds.
- Other frequently accessed webpages and tools.
- Families require a separate login to access student-specific information.
- Passwords were sent from a parentlink.net email address.
- If you did not receive your login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guardians will receive separate logins so they can manage their own app preferences independently, including message preferences of what kinds of messages you receive. Want to avoid non-emergency/attendance phone calls and just receive emails and texts? You can set those preferences in the app.
Student and Family Technology Support:
If students or families need help with district provided technology they can complete the Distance Learning Technology Support Form or call 425-356-1207 and Technology Services will respond accordingly. Technology Services Service Desk (Help Desk) is staffed daily, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Click the button below to view the history of family messages that have been distributed by the Mukilteo School District:
Staying informed by the school and your student's teachers is essential during remote learning. If you have not been receiving communications from Kamiak High School, please ensure your information is correct in Family Access.
flyers HAVE GONE digital:
Say goodbye to crumpled flyers at the bottom of student backpacks that surface after an opportunity has passed. We have implemented an electronic flyer distribution system, PEACHJAR. Families will get flyers in their email inbox instead. Schools and outside organizations will have a more accessible, environmentally friendly and interactive way of sharing flyers and newsletters. Primary guardians with an email address on file at their child’s school will automatically begin receiving flyers by email. If a family member would like to also receive them, they can subscribe on the school website.