image provided by: ezilon maps
PHILOSOPHY ON EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- The growth of student cognitive capabilities can be promoted through many aspects . Perhaps student growth is best promoted through the use of technology in the classroom. Technology provides the opportunity for students to gain new skills such as: facilitating creativity, enhancing digital responsibilities, and the promotion of professionalism qualities.
- Usage of Information Communication Technology, empowers students to enhance their understanding of the importance of ISTE standards. Also, technology in the classroom is crucial with the promotion of student learning by developing a skill set to apply real-world professional skills in preparation for future jobs and educational opportunities. It is important for each student to increase their aptitude level by designing and engaging in collaborative efforts when using technological tools in the classroom.
- In a world which relies so much on technology, it is important for students to learn the safety measures of being a good digital citizen. Teachers must impress upon students the importance of following responsible digital citizen measures when using the internet and information technology systems. Altogether, the use of technology in the classroom is a critical tool needed to enhance student engagement in subject material, and ensuring that students are prepared for the necessary professional skills when entering future educational or professional endeavors.
FACILITATE AND INSPIRE LEARNING
photo provide by flickr through adobe spark
- Lesson plans are sometimes seen as just a written document teachers must provide to be an established teacher for others to see. However, lesson plans are the map for what teachers use to conduct essential preparation to ensure students have what they need to be involved in a conducive learning environment.
- What I learned is that much thought should be put into each lesson. Particularly, I now understand the summative and formative assessment areas. I believe this because these areas provide the teacher with a means of understanding what children are learning. Also, without proper planning toward assessments, student reflection of what they have learned will suffer.
MODEL DIGITAL AGE WORK AND LEARNING
- The iMovie YouTube link above shows how digital tools can be used to effectively engage students .
- The iMoive trailer above that my group created involved a scary story about some of the most common authors from the 19th Century.
- Each member of our group contributed by administering relative information and ideas to produce a fun video that students can use in and ELA classroom.
- Overall, the most interesting aspect of my group's iMoive demonstrated the effectiveness of collaboration and digital tools when using video technology to introduce or review a topic. Based on the iMovie activity, I learned the importance of using digital age media to enhance student understanding of a topic, and to involve their peers and the community through creating a video.