“No free man shall be seized or imprisoned, or stripped of his rights or possessions, or outlawed or exiled, or deprived of his standing in any other way, nor will we proceed with force against him, or send others to do so, except by the lawful judgement of his equals or by the law of the land. To no one will we sell, to no one deny or delay right or justice.”
Meaning Of Clause
What this means is, no free man should be captured or put in prison.Their belongings shouldn’t be taken away, prohibited, banished or disadvantaged of himself in any way. We will not use people for slavery, and every free man should have the right to trial. Most importantly, they should get justice.
Teenage Magna Carta
- Teenagers at the age of thirteen should be able to drive a car because they have the capability of knowing what to do. Especially at this stage in their lives. They know what is right, and what is wrong.
- Teenagers at the age of 13 should be able to have a job if they choose to. They should also be able to have their own Debit Cards, master cards and etc.
- No matter what happens teenagers should never be separated from their parents. Examples: If the parents get taken away and they go to jail the child should not be placed in a foster home.
- Teenagers are old enough to make their own decisions. Their parents should not be running after them and yell at them for what they should do. They should be independent and be able to have their own freedom. Examples(curfews, going out with friends when they choose to etc.)
- Teenagers at the age of 13 or over should be allowed to take part in voting like their parents can. They should be allowed to choose which prime minister or president should be elected. Since most teens have become mature at the age of 13, they should have every right to take part in this system of voting.
The Magna Carta was a significant event which still occurs today, in some parts of the world like Europe. The Magna Carta is a great charter for all men, but it does discriminate women, because it does not mention anything about them.