Figuring out where to place the lights on our object was difficult because we didn't want to make things difficult for ourselves if we placed the lights in a spot where it would be hard to sew correctly. Another challenge we faced was figuring out where to put the sensor in order for it to come in contact with our skin. This was difficult because if we did not put it in the proper spot, our entire project would be pointless and probably wouldn't work effectively.
We considered these processes challenging because in order for us to make an artifact that functions properly, everything down to the sewing needed to be precise. If we were to make any slight mistake, such as putting the sensors in a spot that is too far off, we would have faced an even bigger challenge because it wouldn't be able to read/detect anything.
Addressing the challenges we faced was the easy part. We simply asked for help and once we were assisted, we were able to take it from there and complete our project. Asking for help was vital while doing this project because although we knew what the goal was, we did not know every single thing about e-textiles and the numerous errors that could occur from a small mistake.
The fact that we were able to complete the task and create an artifact that works effectively is what I am most proud of. The project itself was not easy to do and it took a great amount of time but after recognizing what mistakes we were making, it all came together. The best aspect of our project is the fact that we created exactly what we envisioned, while learning new information along the way.
If I had to do this entire project over again, I would only change on thing; the base of it. I don't think I would do the wrist wrap again, I would probably do a regular glove. The artifact we chose to use was very difficult because the sensors had to be in a certain spot in order for us to get a legit reading. I also believe that if we would have chosen a different base, it would have been less time consuming and our project would have been completed days earlier. Overall, I am thankful that with the help of my partner we were able to complete our project without changing the base.
The only thing I would probably add to improve the design of the product is more background information on coding and sensors. We did not know how to insert our code the correct way at first and we were making minor mistakes such as capitalizing letters and closing the circuit, so that would most likely be what I would choose to add. Other than coding and learning more about the sensors and how they work, there isn't really anything for me to add that will contribute to the improvement of our design.