For complete details of each unit type, see Sheet A-8 in Due Diligence materials.
A Bicycle Community
VeloPark is a Live/Work/Ride community that capitalizes on the City’s love of bikes and extensive trail network. In addition to garages for each residential unit, additional dedicated, secure long-term bike storage, bike wash station, and a well equipped bike repair room are provided on site. Given the proximity to Valmont Bike Park, and the immediate connections to bike paths, most residents are expected to use bikes not only for recreation, but also for everyday commuting.
45% Open Space
VeloPark transforms a vacant parcel of land by adding low profile housing surrounded by green space. Ample 20+ foot landscape setbacks surround the residential units and create a green buffer of trees, grasses, and perennials.
- Common spaces with modern seating and gardens are provided outside the live/work units to foster opportunities for working outdoors, and to encourage interactive social encounters.
- A meandering gravel path has been thoughtfully designed to connect to more formal sidewalks and link together several informal gathering areas around the perimeter of the site.
- The site’s open space and land- scaping has been adjusted to increase privacy from Airport Rd. by adding a low protective berm and plantings.
- All ground level units include private yard areas, with low fencing and attractive plantings.
With housing shortages reaching critical proportions across the City, we focused our design and planning on providing housing to support the industrious lifestyle of moderate income earners of Boulder. The opportunity to live, work, and ride was the inspiration for the architectural style and choice of amenities at VeloPark.
- Residential units have been carefully designed to be large enough for comfortable living, but small enough to maintain affordability. Averaging around 850 s.f., these one, two, or three bedroom homes include private yards on the ground level, balconies on the upper levels, and spectacular views of the foothills to the south and west.
- Live-work units are located in the central building on the site. The 600 square foot work spaces on the first floor open to common outdoor open space areas with retractable clear glass doors, allowing residents to have workshops, studios, and small home businesses below their living space.
- In order to reduce the need to commute to a separate office, a large co-working conference/support space has been created near the site entrance, adjacent to the micro-market. This will provide open work stations for residents to support on-site collaboration, as well as a private conference room for business meetings. This space can also be used for community events, small birthday parties and other gatherings.
- A micro-market convenience store has been provided as a neighborhood amenity, stocking basic necessities, food, drinks, and coffee. The store will be open to the public during business hours, and VeloPark residents will have 24 hour key card access. This market will reduce the need for short car trips to other stores for small item purchases.
- A dog and bike washing station is included on the lower level just beneath the micro-market store. A secure bike storage and repair room, in the basement level underneath the co-working space, provides a safe option to store bicycles, as well as a workbench and tools to make minor repairs before heading out on a ride.