The Beginning of football
- Football was originally like soccer.
- It evolved into rugby like game
- In 1920 a professional football league was founded
- It was called the American Professional Football Association
- In 1922 It was renamed The NFL
- The NFL means National Football League
This was Jim Thorpe when he played football for the Cleveland Bulldogs
- Jim Thorpe= influential player/person
- Walter Camp= influential coach/rule changer
- He made TD's worth 2
- Safeties worth 1
- PAT worth 4
- and a field goal worth 5
This is a painting of Walter Camp. His rules were later changed to the rules we have today.
This is the equipment they used to wear. They also used to not even wear helmets.
- The uniforms and pads are better.
- The old stuff was terrible protection.
- There were a lot of injuries.