weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Parent/Teacher Conferences: P/T conferences will occur over two evenings (October 30th & November 8th) from 4-7pm. If you have not already signed up for a time/date and would still like one, please contact your child's homeroom teacher.
2. Fall Break: We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable fall break. We look to forward to seeing everybody back at MIS on Monday, October 22nd.
3. E-Learning Day #2:
PLEASE CLICK HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR CHILD'S STATUS ON THIS DAY.
We realize many of you would like to do this on your phone app; however, the corporation doesn't have the ability to place this information on the Powerschool app. You can go to the website above in the web browser on your phone to accomplish this task. Obviously, it will be a little harder to navigate. We appreciate your help with this.
E-Learning Day Information: You will be receiving another postcard in the near future with more details; however, we wanted to make sure you were aware that Thursday, November 1st will be an eLearning Day for all Greenfield-Central Students, K-12
On an e-learning day, students learn at home via online lessons delivered through Google Classroom, Moodle, or SeeSaw while teachers participate in Professional Development activities.
Students need to be prepared to complete their lessons on the eLearning Day and submit any assigned work the next class day. If students do not have internet access when off school campus, they will download their work prior to leaving the school on Tuesday. We will be practicing for this event during the school day on September 12th so that students are more familiar with the process.
For Tech Support on the eLearning Day, please call (317)477-4111 to speak with our Help Desk.
Teachers will be available to provide academic support from 8:00-11:00am on Thursday, November 1st.
4. Device Insurance: If your child received an insurance form regarding his/her device this week, the office has your insurance payment. However, the required insurance form is not on file. Please complete and return as soon as possible. If you have questions, please contact the office.
5. NASA (Neighborhoods Against Substance Abuse) Calendar Contest:
6. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Brody B., Payton M., Caitlyn G., Christian H., Jaelyn S., Reagan S., Chaney B., and Carly M.
1st Nine Week Gotcha Grand Prize Winners: Congratulations to Roberto B. and Natalie D. who won our bicycles today!!
7. Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Night: This event will take place on November 14th from 6:30-7:30pm. Be on the lookout for more information upon our return from break.
8. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring.
9. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
9. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. If a teacher or staff member has gone above and beyond, we would encourage you to share these stories with us by using the link below.
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"Not sure what Mrs. Wayne is doing, but my boy is excited and seems actively engaged in school for the first time since Kindergarten."
"I appreciate the support that Mrs. Greulich provides the staff and students at Maxwell. She is always poised and professional. She is a leader to look up to."
10. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
October 8th-19th: Fall Break
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: E-learning Day #2
November 5th: 5th Grade DARE Graduation (8:00am)
November 14th: Family STEM Night (6:30-7:30pm)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY