The University of Dallas baseball team began the campaign with one of the hottest starts in program history with a 10-4 record. A tough losing stretch cooled off the Crusaders. But after an 18-21 season, UD still had multiple players climb up the all-time leader board and place in the top 10 of the Southern Collegiate Athletics Conference (SCAC) category leaders.
Dallas Beats Texas Lutheran 4-3 in 12 Inning Thriller
UD stunned No. 5 ranked TLU in Irving. Jessup Scott was the hero after he drove in the game-winning run and notched a 3 RBI day at the plate. Andrew Magness pitched a career-high nine innings, while holding the Bulldogs offense to just three runs. This was the first UD extra innings victory since 2017. Full Story.
Crusaders Walk-Off Against LeTourneau in Game One of Series
In a pitcher's game the whole way, Dallas broke the scoreless outing with two runs in the fourth inning. The Yellowjackets were able to tie the game up in the top of the seventh. Josh Abalos then came up with a big single up the middle to drive in the winning run in the non-conference outing. Full Story.
UD Captures first Conference Win of 2019 Cruising Past Centenary 10-4.
UD took advantage of 13 walks and four errors by the Gents to grab the SCAC win. Do not let those numbers fool you totally, because Dallas notched 11 hits in the game led by Nathan Patton with four of his own. Patton also drove in three runs. UD pitching cooled off the hot bats of Centenary holding them to just six hits and stranding eight runs on base. Full Story.
Crusaders Beat Tough Howard Payne Team in Game Two of Series
Dallas put up three runs in the second and fourth innings to jump out to a solid lead against HPU. The Yellowjackets led off the game with a homerun, but were put to rest after that. Patton drove in four runs for UD. Dallas pitching gave up just three hits in the contest. HPU went on to finish the season with a 26-16 record and won the American Southwest Conference (ASC) regular season championship. Full Story.
- Dallas secured its most wins in a season since 2013.
- Conrad Voss led the conference with eight total wins. Voss finished with an 8-4 record and a 4.42 earned run average, while striking out a career-best 50 batters in 2019.
- Jordan Stickler swiped 34 bases this year to lead the SCAC. That personal-high mark this year helped gain him 82 for his career, which is the second-most in program history.
- Josh Abalos also stole a career-best 28 bases this season, which also helped him climb up the UD baseball all-time record board. Abalos ranks fourth all-time with 63 swiped bases.
- UD turned 42 double plays on the year (2nd SCAC).
- Dallas finished 9-5 in scheduled seven inning contests.