Are you looking for resources, advice and guidance to start your for-profit or charitable business?
If so, welcome. Every week I encounter a founder who wants to start something, but doesn’t understand the process. "Where do I file, what’s required and what are the legal traps?" Argh! It all makes you want to stress eat.
To help, I’ve created a “Mastermind Class.” A peer group of 5-10 founders looking for a little grace and a lot of help. If you want to start your own nonprofit, for-profit or something in-between this class is for you. Read-on to see what all you'll get (spoiler-alert: it's jam-packed). Or if you’re ready to get started, go ahead and sign-up. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to email me.
- Short Classes. There are two options.
- Option 1: Class will meet online every Saturday for an hour over 4 weeks. I give a quick 45-minute lesson (in English, not “legalese”) on a specific topic and leave time for questions.
- Option 2: Class will meet for one weekend, in a summit like style. 2 hours Saturday morning, 2 Saturday afternoon and 1 hour on Sunday. All materials are sent out ahead of time, and there's breaks throughout the day.
- Relevant. Not going to bore you with the theory. We only talk about the things that impact you and help you move forward.
- Inclusive. The class is open to small businesses with a purpose, nonprofits, foundations, social enterprises and those who are just planning.
- Guided Preparation. Before each class you’ll get a lead-page to fill out, a list of questions on the week’s topic to highlight hang-ups and come up with questions.
- Group Support. After class you’ll have a chance to post questions and chat in a class forum.
- One-on-One Advice. In the forum you can also ask me questions and I’ll post helpful resources or templates.
- Discounts. You’ll get a discount on future classes, around topics like business model development or measuring impact.
- Inexpensive. So what’s the cost? One payment of $89 dollars at the start of the class. That comes down to $22 dollars a week.
But here’s the thing, so each participant gets attention the classes are only open to the first 10 people who sign up.
Snag your spot and sign-up now. The next class starts February 3rd.
Q: What all is covered in the class? Glad you asked! I cover all of the top questions I get from entrepreneurs like: 1. How should I structure the business? 2. What are the different formation options? 3. What state should I form in? 4. How do I get funding? 5. What paperwork should I file? 6. How do I protect my vision? And much more....
Q: Do I have to attend every video session? Life happens, I get it. You don't have to attend each session, even thought it'll help SIGNIFICANTLY. I will video tape them, so you'll have a chance to review later and can ask questions in the forum.
Q: How much time do I have to commit? We are talking about a start-up business, and that takes time. But understanding most of my entrepreneurs have full time jobs I try to limit the time commitment to a minimum of 2 hours a week, if you don't do all of the reading. Of course, you're welcome to do more.
Q: Why should I bother, what all do I get out of this? Think about how much time you've lost on your idea, because you were afraid of what all you didn't know. Even worse, think of all the time you've wasted sloshing through millions of Google results. Some of which are inaccurate or outdated? This class helps you think strategically, and gives you a running overview of pitfalls most entrepreneurs miss. Saving you time, and moving you forward dramatically.
Q: Will I get resources or templates? Sure will. Each week you'll get a lead-page with questions to walk you through what we'll cover on the video session. These guides help with understanding the topics before you hop into the class. And give you time to come up with questions. Part of the lead-page will include video suggestions, templates, suggested reading or anything else I think might be helpful.
Q: Is the price a one-time payment? Or for each week? Nope, just a one time payment of $89 dollars.
Q: What if I'm in a different state, will you cover the things that apply to me? Absolutely! The point is for you to take away information that helps you move forward. At intake, I'll ask where everyone is from. Not only because it's interesting, but because it'll allow me to tailor the information we cover.