Building a community of faith... Leading people to become fully transformed followers of Jesus Christ.
New to Shawnee Alliance or have updated information?
Would you like to know more about the church, submit a prayer request, connect with a pastor or find out about upcoming groups and events? Let us know by filling out a Connect Card at the bottom of our website or at the Church Center app. We would love to hear from you!
How to Connect With Us
Feeling connected with church community is an important part of life transformation! Here are some ways to connect with us:
Tuesday Talks Podcast
Check out our podcast, Tuesday Talks with Shawnee Alliance Church! You'll find weekly episodes about how being a follower of Jesus impacts your everyday life. You can listen to us on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube or shawneealliance.libsyn.com. Be sure to subscribe & share!
For more detailed info, please see below or visit shawneealliance.com/events
5th Quarter - Grades 5-8, October 1, immediately following Shawnee football game until 11pm
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading registration begins October 1 at shawneealliance.com/upward
Girl Scout Recruitment Day - October 7 at 6pm, East Campus Kids Ministry Room-follow the signs. Need more information? Email Marcail Manuel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamp Ministry - October 9, 8am-12pm. East Campus, Room C
Keenager Luncheon (Fall Banquet) - October 12 at 11:30am in Kids Ministry Room
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen Volunteer Day - October 21 at 11am
5th Quarter - Grades 5-8, October 22, immediately following Shawnee football game until 11pm
Trunk-N-Treat - October 27, 6:30-8pm at Activity Center. For questions contact Erin at email@example.com
Cornerstone of Hope's Fall Festival of Hope - October 1, 6-9pm at Black Bird Farm. Register at cornerstoneofhopelima.org
Alliance Women's Retreat 2021 - October 23, 9am-2pm in Dayton, OH. Register at ovdcma.com
Wednesday Activity Night
Join us for groups and activities for all ages on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8pm until November 17!
- Birth-Grade 4: East Campus Children's Ministry Entrance (back of building)
- Grades 5-8: West Campus Activity Center
- High School: volunteer in children's and worship ministries or attend adult small groups
- Adults: East Campus
Wednesday Night Groups
- Divorce Care
- Faith Track (sign up for the next one at shawneealliance.com/events!)
- "Get Out of Your Head" Women's Group
- Bible Institute
- Young Adults
- The Chosen (watch season 1 + Bible Study)
- Emotional Health Class
- Grief Share - ZOOM (ends Dec 8)
- Grief Share - IN PERSON (ends Dec 8)
- "Iron Sharpens Iron" Men's Group
Fall Festival of Hope
Cornerstone of Hope is having its 6th annual Fall Festival of Hope on Friday, October 1 from 6-9pm at Black Bird Farm in Columbus Grove. They will have live musical entertainment, food, raffles, and more! All proceeds will go toward Cornerstone's children's, teen and family programs. To register or for more information, visit cornerstoneofhopelima.org.
Alliance Women's Retreat 2021
The Ohio Valley District Alliance Women are hosting a Women's Retreat on Saturday, October 23 from 9am-2pm at Hillside Chapel in Dayton, OH.
Join us to hear ladies share their stories, worship and pray together as well as hear from our District International Workers.
Tickets are $10 for teens and $20 for adults. Lunch and snacks are included. To register or for more information, visit ovdcma.com.
Current Serving Opportunities
There are many opportunities to get more involved by serving together! Check out the list of volunteer opportunities below, or fill out a volunteer form at shawneealliance.com/volunteer and our staff would be glad to connect you in serving at Shawnee Alliance or in our community in a way that uses your gifts, talents and passions!
Please bring your Food Drive donations by this Sunday, September 26!
We have a tradition at Shawnee Alliance of donating over 2,000 lbs of non-perishable boxed and canned foods to the Food Pantry in Cridersville. This year, help us collect 2,500 lbs of food items for those in need!
The pantry is in need of: Hygiene items, soups, stews, pork & beans, tomato products (diced/crushed/sauces), noodles, pancake syrup, fruit, puddings, jello, cake/brownie mixes, juice, dry beans, rice, canned veggies and other shelf stable items. If you have any questions, please stop by one of our tables in the lobbies or email Marcail Manuel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5Q provides free pizza, pop and games for Middle Schoolers after each Shawnee home football game in the Activity Center. Volunteers are always needed! If you're interested in helping with food and drinks, snack shack, check-ins, outdoor supervision or cleanup, please register at shawneealliance.com/events. Dates are October 1 and 22. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Josh at email@example.com.
Please consider donating to the purchase of personal water filtration systems to be included in every Operation Christmas Child box being sent out from Shawnee Alliance Church!
- $16 provides 100,000 gallons of fresh water to a child/family
- Our goal is to provide 250 Sawyer mini water filtration systems
- Filters will be added to Operation Christmas Child (OCC) boxes as they are turned in, on a first come, first filled basis. We will collect OCC boxes from Oct. 31-Nov. 21.
Please visit shawneealliance.com/donate or mark your offering envelope to donate to "OCC Water for Kids" until Nov. 1! Thank you!
Trunk-N-Treat is October 27 from 6:30-8pm at the Activity Center and all are welcome! There will be hot dogs, popcorn, drinks and of course, candy!
Please consider volunteering for decorating and serving candy at your trunk, candy running, parking, clean-up or bouncy house supervision. Please register at shawneealliance.com/events by October 24 to volunteer!
Upcoming Serving Opportunities
Upward Basketball and Cheerleading registration will open October 1 for both participants and volunteers. Many volunteers are needed including coaches, referees, food and snack shack servers, check-in, cleanup, and more!
Please join us in donating children's winter hats to our community! Donation bins will be in both church lobbies from Oct. 3-24 for both winter hats and candy donations, which we will pass out at Trunk-N-Treat on October 27. Thank you for your generosity!
Ongoing Serving Opportunities
- Worship & Tech Teams
- Family Life (Ministries for Children & Students)
- Hands-On Ministry
- Prayer Team
- Go on a Mission Trip
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Make coffee, greet people, or serve communion - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Track & Discovering Spiritual Gifts
If you're interested in learning more about using your spiritual gifts and talents to serve others, please join us at the next Faith Track! In a small group setting, we'll learn more about Shawnee Alliance, develop connections, and become more aware of our spiritual gifts and serving opportunities. If you're interested, please sign up now at shawneealliance.com/events and we'll let you know when another class becomes available!
Remember, you can reach out to our staff at any time by filling out a connect card at the bottom of our website!
Ongoing Weekly Groups
Join a Home Group! There are several open groups to choose from! For more information about home groups or if you are interested in leading or hosting a small group, please contact Pastor Brian at email@example.com.
Below are some additional opportunities to join community throughout the week and month:
- Sunday Partners in Prayer Team - Each Sunday, the East Campus Prayer Room (E) is open for those who want to pray during our 9:30 or 11:00 a.m. worship services.
- Life in the Spirit meets Sundays from 9:30-10:45am in East Campus Room A. Life in the Spirit meets each Sunday to discuss and apply the amazing teachings of Jesus.
- Ephesians Bible Study meets Sundays from 10:45am-noon as we dive into the book of Ephesians together. This group will meet in East Campus rooms I-J until Oct. 24.
- Learn to Float is a group open to senior high students that meets Sundays from 5-6pm in East Campus Rooms I-J. We will discuss how to navigate things like anxiety, stress, and depression while we continue to model our lives after Christ.
- Aerobic Walking Exercise Class meets Monday-Friday mornings from 8-9am in the Activity Center gym
- Retired Men's Prayer Group meets Mondays from 9-10:30am in East Campus Rooms I-J. All retired men are invited for a devotion and prayer.
- Christ-Centered Exercise meets Mondays from 7-8pm in the East Campus Children's Ministry Room. Lexie is excited to share the physical benefits of exercise with you while also focusing our minds and hearts on Christ.
- SonRise Seekers Women's Bible Study meets Tuesdays from 6:30-8am in East Campus Rooms I-J to study a book or a book from the Bible, pray for each other and celebrate life moments together.
- Gingersnaps meet Tuesdays from 9-11am in the Children's Ministry Area. This group is primarily a prayer/fellowship gathering and is open to any senior adult.
- Volleyball Open Gym meets Tuesdays at 6pm in the Activity Center.
- Wednesday Night Groups meet Wednesdays 6:30-8pm until November 17. You can check out specific groups above or at shawneealliance.com/groups!
- Moms in Prayer meets Wednesdays from 8:30-9:30am in East Campus Room A. We meet together with other moms and grandmoms and pray for our children.
- Grief Share meets Thursdays at 10am-noon in East Campus Room I. They also meet Wednesday nights from 6:30-8pm (See Wednesday Night Groups).
- Saturday Morning Equipping Men - Serving God is a Men's discipleship group that meets Saturdays at 8:30am in East Campus Rooms I-J. The last Saturday of each month, we meet at New Life Christian Ministries from 9-10:30am and typically includes breakfast.
Ongoing Monthly Groups
- Sunday Partners in Prayer Team - One Sunday per month, walk with us around the facilities to pray with and for those leading and serving throughout the church that morning. You can meet with us in East Campus Room A at 8:20am or in the Activity Center at 8:45am
- Keenagers - this group is for ages 55+ and meets monthly for a carry-in birthday celebration on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- Stamp Ministry - We meet September-May on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 8am-12pm in East Campus Room C. We enjoy conversation and prayer together as we trim and categorize stamps as a fundraiser for our missions efforts.
Bible Reading Plan
Bring transformation to your life by reading your Bible! You will get to know Jesus on a deeper level and learn wisdom for your everyday choices. You can find a free Bible in any of our church lobbies. Please feel free to take one when you're with us at church on Sunday or download the YouVersion app on your phone. Use this simple SOAP format to guide your interaction with God's Word:
- Scripture. Take your time reading each chapter and allow God to speak to you.
- Observation. What do you see God doing in the Scripture? What is God saying to you?
- Application. Ask yourself how you can apply this to your life right now.
- Prayer. Communicate with God and ask Him to help you apply this to your life.
Try it out this week! Add a chapter from Proverbs every day to the below plan. (This list is also posted every Sunday on social media.)
- Thursday, September 23 - 1 Thessalonians 4
- Friday, September 24 - Romans 12
- Saturday, September 25 - 1 Corinthians 15
- Sunday, September 26 - John 11:21, I Thessalonians 4:13
- Monday, September 27 - Matthew 16
- Tuesday, September 28 - Matthew 19
- Wednesday, September 29 - Matthew 21
- Thursday, September 30 - John 5
- Friday, October 1 - John 8
- Saturday, October 2 - 1 Corinthians 9
- Sunday, October 3 - Matthew 14:13-14
- Monday, October 4 - 2 Corinthians 4
- Tuesday, October 5 - Romans 12
- Wednesday, October 6 - Psalm 147
- Thursday, October 7 - 1 Timothy 4
- Friday, October 8 - 1 Peter 5
- Saturday, October 9 - Job 14
- Sunday, October 10 - Romans 15:13
- Monday, October 11 - Proverbs 18
- Tuesday, October 12 - Matthew 23
- Wednesday, October 13 - Philippians 2
- Thursday, October 14 - Galatians 6
- Friday, October 15 - Proverbs 16
- Saturday, October 16 - Matthew 18
- Sunday, October 17 - Daniel 5:18-31
- Monday, October 18 - Hebrews 10
- Tuesday, October 19 - Isaiah 43
- Wednesday, October 20 - Acts 10
- Thursday, October 21 - Romans 16
- Friday, October 22 - 1 Corinthians 11
Thank you for giving to the ministries of Shawnee Alliance Church. Through your generosity, we continue to see life transformation happen in our church, community, and around the world through missions!
3 Ways to Give:
1. Text the amount to 84321
2. Online at shawneealliance.com/donate
3. Church Center App - download today
Thank you for your generosity!