Once you’ve taken the first step inside Zinc Café all prior frustrations of parallel parking are forgotten and replaced with future joy of devouring the plates passing by your eyesight.
- Absolutely get a reservation. Much of their space is outside so if it’s raining or cold it more than halves the seating.
- This is an OC brand with this as their first location in LA opened in 2015. If you forgot a rez and are famished the front has a solid grab and go counter thats spot on.
- Stand out’s in the food game: the breakfast pizza, Persian breakfast plate, and Zinc waffle.
- If you swing in during the week happy hour is 4-7pm Monday thru Friday with $9 cocktails, $5 beers and $7 wines. Discounted bar food is also in the mix.
- The Lanita flower truck is there on Saturdays. It’s pink. You cant miss it. A small arrangement is $25 if you’re looking for super points.(If you need to go smaller they can do that too)
The massive wooden doors to The Spirit Guild open much easier than anticipated revealing a world hidden by stain glassed windows and bottles of clementine alcohol...
- Tastings are on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 2pm and 4:30pm. Tastings cost $10/person. You reserve in their online system then pay when you’re there. Either time/day will work for the date just reserve an hour and half before at Zinc.
- Andrew was our guide that day, he makes great natural wine up in Watsonville. If he has a bottle ask him for a try.
- They do have some special events like cheese pairings and music. Join their newsletter to get updated.
- Please tip your tour guides. ;)
The outside of the building seems like an eccentric cousin of the “vacant” warehouses strewn about the seemingly vacant street...
- Entrance is free and cards are whatever you’d like to add on to them, think Dave & Buster’s rules. $20 will get you the gaming you need.
- If you want to go big you can book a story escape room, maybe a wine or whiskey tasting competition (this actually sounds fun), or many of their VR adventures. These get booked up all day so highly suggest if you’re considering.
- On Tuesdays and Wednesdays they do have Midweek deals at $25 for 2 drinks, a $15 playing cards and 10 games. Seems like a killer deal to me.
Date the City