Benefits of Canvas Studio
- Host and deliver video content
- Encourage active engagement in course media content through commenting
- Direct students to key points or moments for emphasis
- Monitor student viewing behavior and interactivity
- Facilitate class discussion
- Assess students through video quizzing
- Add real-time feedback to student video submissions
In the Canvas Studio Media Library...
- Users can upload and manage media files at any time
- Users who upload media are considered to be the media owner
- Media owners can manage all media settings and functionality including setting user details and viewing analytics
- Media owners can manage comments in their media
- Media owners can share media with other users and grant viewing or editing access
- Media always allow and display comments
- Media includes a link and embed code to use in public sites (comments are never displayed)
Student/Learner Access to Canvas Studio Media:
- Instructors can manage comments in all course media; in groups, users can only manage their own comments.
- Existing comments in embedded media are not included in course copies.
- Student users can only access their Canvas Studio account when using the Rich Content Editor, including media uploads
- Students who upload a media file in either a course or a group are not considered to be the video owner; a copy of the media is made for the course instructor to manage