LIVING LIFE JOYFULLY
Life is a journey and I'm convinced that how we choose to live each day has a lasting impact on those around us ... I choose to be a blessing and to smile and to walk humbly alongside those I meet along the way.
LOVING THOSE AROUND ME
This is my family. I love these people! Being a wife and mother are roles I cherish the most. I married Steve in 1995 and since 1999 I've spent the majority of my time nurturing these beautiful human beings. I figure I've changed probably 5000 diapers and read Good Night Moon at least a million times. I've wiped mouths, noses, tears and bottoms. I've hosted 51 birthday parties and attended a gazillion more. But the bottom line is, I've been blessed beyond measure by the lives of these precious ones in my life!
SHARING LIFE WITH OTHERS
This school year, we've added one more to our home by hosting an exchange student from Finland. Some of the core values I want to instill in my children is to be others-focussed and to see the world through open eyes and a generous heart.
Hospitality has always been a part of who I am, but in recent years I've decided to be more intentional about "hosting" and less concerned with "entertaining." I want people to feel welcome whenever they come to our home. I love that our home is a gathering place for friends, neighbors, FCA groups, team dinners, Bible Study groups, and whoever needs a soft place to land. Here's a peek at my entryway ... a photo that fills my heart with joy.
And, although our home looks quiet and serene from the outside, as a household of sports fans, it sometimes gets a little crazy on the inside:
AAHS LACROSSE BOOSTER CLUB
May 2015 - Present ––– As member of the Air Academy High School Lacrosse Booster Club Board, I offer my support to the team by managing the team website, coordinating social and community events such as team dinners, community outreach and fundraising. I also help make team travel arrangements, coordinate team calendar and attend monthly board meetings. And of course, I attend their games whenever I can – I'm a big fan of these kids!
EAGLEVIEW M.S. PARENT PARTNERS CHAIRPERSON
September 2013-June 2016 ––– As the chairperson of Eagleview Middle School Parent Partners I planned informative and educational meetings for parents of current Eagleview students providing resources on cyber safety, positive parenting, personal organization, study skills, stress management, suicide prevention, etc. I also served as a liaison to create relationships with local business owners and parents generating support for Eagleview community events and fundraisers. The highlight of this role was planning staff appreciation events, enrichment activities, and working with school administrators to plan special events throughout the school calendar including "Taking Flight," the annual school year kick-off event. In 2016, I was privileged to be awarded "Volunteer of the Year."
WOODMEN ROBERTS ELEMENTARY PTO MEMBER AND STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK COODINATOR
May 2011 - Present ––– When we moved to Colorado, I knew it was important to get connected to our local school community. When I met the dynamic team of volunteers of the WRE PTO, I knew we had chosen the right place. Since then, I've enjoyed a variety of volunteering opportunities contributing wherever I can to help with activities and fundraisers, service projects, and community events. For five years (2011 -16), I served in the designated role of Woodmen Staff Appreciation Week Coordinator – an annual event involving planning meals and events to honor and acknowledge our teachers, administration, and staff.
WOODMEN VALLEY CHAPEL MISSION MORNING COORDINATOR
September 2013 - Present ––– As a member of the Woodmen Valley Chapel greater community, I have a desire to put my personal faith into action in a tangible way and encourage others to join me. Four years ago, I approached staff with the idea of creating three annual Mission Mornings, days designated to invite teams of volunteers to serve collectively. By developing relationships with local non-profit agencies, we determined specific projects and outreach opportunities for our teams to participate in together. We've helped local charter schools, Sole Hope, The Springs Rescue Mission, Feed My Starving Children, A.C.T.S. Ministry, Vision Trust, Care International, Compassion International, and numerous other mission organizations reaching out to marginalized individuals and communities. In my role as coordinator, I do a lot of everything but I certainly don't do it alone. From recruiting other volunteers, planning, and organizing to collecting supplies, managing logistics, and running the event, it's an all-consuming task, but one well worth the effort, and a source of great joy to me, and I believe to many others, as well.
GRACE FAMILY CHURCH COMMUNITY BIBLE STUDY ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
2001 - 2010 --- During our time in Tampa, FL, I volunteered at our local church, Grace Family Church, as the Assistant Director for Community Bible Study, a role that included many facets, including logistics, recruiting group leaders and preschool teachers, and planning special events for groups of 100+ people. I also was responsible for planning lectures, teaching, and leading both large and small groups.
SNAPSHOT OF A LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE
SNAPSHOTS OF ME SHARING LIFE WITH THOSE CLOSEST TO ME
B. BRAUN MEDICAL INC. (IRVINE, CA)
November 1997- December 1999 ––– Pain Control Specialist, Medical Products Division - Promotion.
- Increased sales and maintained existing base of pain control product line in hospitals and stand alone surgery facilities through meetings with anesthesiologists and interventional radiologists. Responsible for training and educating five key account managers on pain control products, market trends and procedures in the anesthesia marketplace.
- Negotiated and enforced compliance of corporate contracts in Group Purchasing Organizations and Integrated Health Networks through meetings with purchasing departments and hospital and surgery centers CFO's.
- Maintained custom product program and manufacturing trends for local region
- Provided seminars and educational programs to anesthesiologists and CRNA's
- Developed and trained representatives in Central Zone
- Awarded "President's Circle Achievement Award" 1998, 1999
July 1995- November 1997 ––– Sales Territory Manager, Medical Products Division
- Marketed, sold and maintained pain control, vascular access, Intravenous administration and pharmacy product lines in a $3.2 million hospital territory
- Served as a liaison between clinical staff, purchasing and distribution to ensure proper delivery of product lines into the hospital
- Monitored competition and stayed abreast of trends in medical market and group purchasing organizations
- Earned "First Hospital Customer" award for converting major teaching institution to new needle free product line
- Earned "Territory Manager Trip Incentive" for increasing annual sales by over $460,000
June, 1993- July, 1995 ––– Automatic Data Processing (ADP), Windsor, CT/Tampa, FL Sales District Manager
- Attended a six-week sales training intensive for development of sales skills and techniques related to creating sales opportunities, developing relationships and closing sales for ADP
- Presented and sold ADP's small business solutions to small business owners and company presidents by cold calling and networking with bankers, CPA's and community members
- Awarded "Rookie of Month" in December 1993, January, March, and April 1994
- Won 2 incentive trips for obtaining highest percentage of quota and highest sales volume in office
- Awarded "100% Club" two years in a row for completing sales year at over 100% of targeted quota