About the Instructor:
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interior Design)
- University of Georgia, Master of Arts in Teaching (Occupational Studies)
- Maxwell High School of Technology – Lawrenceville, GA
- Design Continuum, Inc. – Hospitality Design – Atlanta, GA
- OIII Architecten – Architecture – Amsterdam, Holland
- Ulster Carpets – Custom Carpet Design – Marietta, GA
- Wise Design Architecture – Financial Institutions – Atlanta, GA
Mrs. Tillman’s passion is Interior Design and Architecture. Ever since she was little, she was intrigued by how things were built. She enjoyed putting wooden puzzles together at very young age, loved rearranging space to make it more functional, and built her first wooden box and cardboard guitar in first grade. Mrs. Tillman’s best friend’s father worked on a lumber yard, so she was exposed to the creative world of building at an extremely young age. Math and art were her best subjects when she was in high school. She enjoys the technicality of both interior design and architecture. She values precision and detail, but she also likes art and creativity.
Mrs. Tillman enjoys teaching high school students. Most students who come to Maxwell to take this class have an interest or strong passion for interior design, engineering, construction, or architecture. Her goal is to expose them to several different facets of the industry so they can make valuable career decisions upon graduation.