Citizen Data Platform: Data Query portal
Query for information and get data mashup across Public, Private and SEED datasets. Using the latest in GraphQL over existing SEED data assests for Maps and Point
Citizen Data Platform: Data Upload Portal
Along with the SEED and Private datasets, we all benefit from contributions by Citizen scientists! As IoT devices become more ubiquitous, our platform can support the ingestion of data and create rich mashups with SEED datasets for better information
Scenario: Citizen Jane wants to buy a property around parramatta is looking for a data-mashup to make better decision for now and the future using the existing datasets. Jane is able to use the Climactic Augmented reality application to search the local area and overlay interesting data such as realestate price, flood plain, wetland, heatmap during summer etc to make a more informed decision about her risks.
Jane is especially concerned about the impact of climate change and wants projections for the future because she wants this to be the family home for the next generation. She is able to use the sliders on the Climactic application to increase the projected values to what she-thinks will be the reality
Jane is amazed to see a mashup of government data from SEED and realestate data from public domain visible in 3-dimensions using the augmented reality (AR) application
1. Property Layer: What properties are for sale in Parramatta?
2. Planning Layer: What land and building (height) data is available from SEED?
Land & Building Height data from SEED https://mapprod1.environment.nsw.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/Planning/EPI_Primary_Planning_Layers/MapServer/5
3. Environment Data Layer: What flood plains, wetlands are there and where?
NSW Wetlands https://mapprod1.environment.nsw.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/Planning/EPI_Protection_Layers/MapServer/3
4. Environment Projection: How close is the projected flooding area to my potential home?
How about the impact to Transit around my area due to flooding? Can I overlay Transport NSW data over SEED flooding data to view impact to my commute as I live here?
SEED Planning flood data https://mapprod1.environment.nsw.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/Planning/EPI_Protection_Layers/MapServer/1
5. Urban heat: We have had pretty bad heatwaves in the summer & with the new building coming up in Parramatta - I wonder what the current projections look like?
6. Better projection Using Machine Learning (ML): Government and Citizen data produced is analysed to do better projections for the future
Applied Machine Learning on IoT, SEED and Public data to improve Urban Heat projection
7. Mashup: Final result is a mashup of the SEED data, AI ML projection and public dataset
Microservices supporting SEED services: GraphQL API over existing datasets reduce hurdle rate in searching and consuming backend services
- ArcGIS Map REST services: A GraphQL front end over domain data collection and ArcGIS Map accepts requests as GraphQL query, fires ArcGIS or other map server specific REST query and returns mash-up data as a GeoJson file
- Excel or other tables: Simple adapters ( short lines of serverless code) transform complex Spreadsheet layouts to standard GeoJson or Json formats
Platform: Cloud based platform for ingesting high volume data, supporting smart queries and making smart decisions using machine learning. A conceptual AWS architecture is presented below