Officially voted the Best River Cruise Line in Europe - Berlitz Guide Experience the Luxury of 'More'.....
Most of the staterooms feature not just one, but two private balconies — a French balcony and a full outside balcony. Together, they provide a unique panoramic view of the beautiful sights along the river and maximise the natural light coming in. With twin balconies, you can enjoy the river however you like.
The AMAcerto is your floating sanctuary. With only 162 guests, staterooms are larger and provide more amenities. With fewer people on board, public spaces like restaurants and lounges are never crowded, and accommodations range from 160square feet all the way up to 300 square feet.
More Active Ways to Discover
With a menu of shore excursions in every port of call, you’ll be free to choose from one of several options — all of which are included. There’s always a city tour designed to show you all the renowned highlights and landmarks in grand capitals and charming villages alike. Instead of taking the city tour, indulge in a bratwurst and beer tasting on one of the Special Interest Tours, which are specially designed to place you in the midst of local life. Also on offer are different tour paces: Gentle, regular and active. The choice is yours.
A proactive, personalised approach to exceeding expectations is a hallmark of the AmaWaterways experience. With a staff-to-guest ratio of 1 staff member for every 3 guests, the team always fully dedicate themselves to providing each guests with the highest level of service.
AmaWaterways was invited to be a member of La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs – a prestigious international culinary society – and with good reason. The expert chefs craft menus that feature exquisite, locally-inspired cuisine as well as traditional Western offerings. AmaWaterways is the only river cruise line that has The Chef’s Table, an intimate specialty restaurant where you can watch the chef prepare a lavish dinner right in front of you. Each meal is specially paired with premium local reds and whites from Europe’s renowned wine regions, with new selections each night. There’s also sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast, menu service during lunch, as well as delicious tapas and snacks in the Main Lounge between meals. All onboard dining, as well as unlimited wine and beer with lunch and dinner, is included so you can indulge whenever and however you’d like.
- DAY 1 - EMBARKATION – GIURGIU, ROMANIA
- Embark your ship in Giurgiu. Tonight gather on board for a Welcome Dinner.
- Afterwards enjoy your evening entertainment in the Lounge with Flossie Malavaille & Broom Bezzums
- DAY 2: GIURGIU – ROUSSE
- Today, enjoy a visit to the ancient capital of Bulgaria, Veliko Turnavo. Here you will tour Tsarevets Hill, the old citadel of the city. You will see the old fortress walls, the Royal Palaces and the Patriarchal church, and the Baldwin’s Tower. Alternatively, you may choose to take a walking tour of Rousse, an important economic, financial and cultural hub of Bulgaria.
- After Dinner Join Steve & Phil in the Lounge for a Duo Concert
- DAY 3 - VIDIN, BULGARIA
- Your time in Vidin begins with a visit to Belogradchik, a beautifully restored castle dating back to the Dark Ages, located in a stunning landscape of unusual rock formations. Afterwards, visit to the Baba Vida Fortress, the only entirely preserved medieval castle in the country, where you will be treated to a fascinating historical re-enactment. You may also opt instead for a Banitsa pastry and yogurt tasting, or a guided bike tour on which you will see sights like the Ottoman post office and visit the synagogue.
- After Dinner Join Broom Bezzums & Show of Hands in the Lounge for the evenings entertainment.
- DAY 4 - SCENIC CRUISING THROUGH THE IRON GATES
- Today is a full day of cruising through one of Europe's most awe-inspiring natural wonders, the Iron Gates. Here the Danube narrows as it winds through a range of magnificent gorges between the southern Carpathian Mountains and the northwestern Balkan Mountains. This natural border between Serbia and Romania will be an unforgettable highlight of your cruise.
- Tonight is 'Pirate's Night'.... Join in the fun with Show of Hands as we batten down the hatches for an evening of 'Songs from the Sea'
- DAY 5 - BELGRADE, SERBIA
- Wake up in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, and enjoy a panoramic tour of the city, that includes a photo stop at Tito’s Tomb and visits to the Kalemegdan Fortress and the Serbian Orthodox Temple of St. Sava. This afternoon you will have your choice of one of three excursions. Your first option is a visit to the mausoleum of Marshal Josip Broz Tito, a beloved figure who was the leader of the Yugoslav Partisans during the Second World War and became the first President of Yugoslavia. Your second option is a tasting of Serbian plum brandy at the Quburich Distillery followed by a visit to the Avala Hill and TV Tower. Your third option is a guided bike tour through Belgrade and around Ada Ciganlija island.
- This evening Join Steve, Phil, Miranda, Flossie & Broom Bezzums as they 'Folk up the Charts' - An evening of their favourite covers.
- DAY 6 - NOVI SAD, SERBIA–VUKOVAR, CROATIA
- This morning, enjoy a walking tour of the city, you will later see the Petrovaradin fortress, a mighty stronghold no enemy has ever breached and that is now home to a hotel, museum and artists’ studios. Enjoy lunch on board as you cruise to Vukovar, Croatia. This afternoon take a Yugoslav Civil War tour of Vukovar that will show you the Ovcara Memorial and Cemetery, the monumental cross that serves as a memorial to those who lost their lives during Croatia’s struggle for independence. Alternatively, choose to take a wine tasting excursion in Ilok, Croatia.
- After Dinner join Flossie Malavialle in the Lounge as she hosts an 'Open Mic' session
- DAY 7 - PÉCS, HUNGARY – MOHÁCS
- This morning the ship arrives in Mohács, where you depart for your excursion to Pécs. Founded more than 2,000 years ago by the Romans, Pécs became an important early Christian diocese and Turkish cultural base during the many centuries of Ottoman rule. The area around Pécs is made up of rolling hills, vine clad slopes and a modest climate that give the city a distinctly Mediterranean feel. Upon arrival, you will take a city tour that includes UNESCO underground excavations, St. Peter’s Basilica, the main Catholic Cathedral in the city, as well as the restored Synagogue. Later, return to the ship in Mohács.
- Enjoy a relaxed evening as we turn the ship's lounge into a Floating Folk Club!!
- DAY 8 - BUDAPEST – DISEMBARKATION
- Disembark your cruise in Budapest
- Options to extend and stay in Budapest for a few days are available please ask for details.
All Inclusive Prices....pp
- Cat E & D Piano Deck Fixed Window 160 sq.ft. FULL
- Cat E SINGLE OCCUPANCY Fixed Window 160 sq.ft. FULL
- Cat C Violin&Cello Deck French Balcony 170 sq.ft FULL
- Cat BB Cello Deck French&Outside Balcony 210sqft FULL
- Cat BA Violin Deck French&Outside Balcony 210 sq.ft FULL
- Cat AB Cello Deck French&Outside Balcony 235sq.ft FULL
- Cat AA Violin Deck French&Outside Balcony 235sqft FULL
- Cat AA+ ViolinDeck French&Outside Balcony290sqft FULL
- Suite Violin Deck French & Outside Balcony 300sq ft FULL
- Return Airport to Ship Transfers 21/07/19 & 28/07/19
- Fine dining with all meals. Early Riser Coffee and Croissants, a Rich Buffet Breakfast, a Lunch Buffet, Afternoon Tea & Coffee with Cake, Cookies & Sandwiches and a Multi-Course Dinner
- Choice of dining options including the main dining salon and an intimate Chef’s Table Restaurant where the Chef prepares the meal in person
- Free Flowing Red & White Wine from the local regions, Beer or Soft Drinks for lunch and dinner as well as 24-hr unlimited drinks at the bar.
- Shore excursions in every port with personal headset included
- Complimentary WiFi on board
- Bottled water in every stateroom. Replenished daily
- On board bicycles to explore on your own or join a guided bike tour
- All local & port taxes included
Flights to Bucharest & from Budapest are not included but we are happy to assist with bookings. Options to extend your stay at either end of the cruise are available
For Bookings & Enquiries contact Andy on 01254 476075 or email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org