LES has made school supply shopping easy this year! LES has partnered with PackEd School Supplies. You will be able to purchase your child’s supplies, have it individually packaged, and delivered to the school without having to step foot in a store! You may place orders up until August 2nd. Attached, you will find a letter explaining how to order. When ordering, there is a section on shipping. You will need to put the school’s information in if you want it sent to the school. (Loogootee Elementary, 101 Costello Drive, Loogootee, IN 47553)
If you choose to purchase your own school supplies, below, you will find the 2020-2021 supply list for Grades K-4. Preschool students will have supplies provided for the classroom.
K-4 Class Lists
We are diligently working to complete class lists. To be able to complete, we have to confirm registration and know students who are choosing traditional/online. If you have not registered, please do this as soon as possible. Currently, we are finalizing 3rd and 4th grade. These lists will be posted over the weekend. You can login to Skyward to see your child's teacher. An email will be sent once K, 1st, and 2nd are completed. Please understand that many factors go into making class lists such academics, personalities, etc. At this point, students will only be moved to balance class lists. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Since we are unable to host a "Meet the Teacher" night, we will have a drive-thru "Meet the Teacher" for Prek and Kindergarten students. This will take place on Wednesday, August 5th from 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Please use the car rider procedures to enter the line. Remember to stay in your cars while driving through. We hope to see you there!
COVID Operational Levels
LCSC is working on a document that will explain what each operational level will look like when it comes to communication, educational platform, daily instruction, and grading. This document will be posted on social media and sent to you by email within the next week.
COVID Online Student Info.
Students who will be working online will need to schedule an appointment with the elementary office to register, choose their classes, and pick up devices. Kerry will be calling to set up a time on Friday, August 7th and Monday, August 10th to come in to register.
COVID Safety Protocols
There are several questions regarding what school is going to look like once we return. Below is a brief summary of common questions.
- Temperature Checks - Teachers will check temperatures each morning when students arrive to classrooms.
- Recess - Each grade level will have their own recess time. Students will play in zones by classroom and zones will rotate daily.
- Lunchroom - The schedule has been adjusted to minimize the number of students in the cafeteria at one time. Students will be spaced with marked seating for each student.
- Specials Classes - Students will go to Specials with their class. Desks/materials will be sanitized between each class.
- Hallways - Hallways will be split in half to allow for one way traffic.
- Water Bottles - Students should bring water bottles to fill up at watering stations.
- Masks - Each student will receive two masks provided by the school. Masks will be required for students in grades 3 and 4. Masks for grades PK, K, 1, and 2 are recommended, but not required.
- Lanyards - Each student will receive a lanyard to clip their mask to when traveling to locations around the school.
- Visitors - We cannot allow visitors in the building at this time. Unfortunately, this means no one can walk their children to their classroom.
- Classrooms - students will stay with only their class except for if they go to Mrs. LeTourneau, Ms. Zehr, Ms. Walker, or Mrs. Amber Smith's WIN Class.
The main entrance to the elementary school will open at 7:45 a.m. for all students. Students who are eating breakfast will report directly to the cafeteria. All other students will report directly to their classrooms.
We will begin dismissing car riders and bus riders at the same time this year. We will load one bus at a time and call for 5-10 car riders at a time. We will begin dismissal at 2:55 p.m. Please refer to car riders procedures below for traffic pattern information. Walkers are dismissed once all cars have cleared, which is around 3:10 p.m.
Car Riders - Arrival/Dismissal
Traffic Pattern 2020-2021 School Year
At Loogootee Elementary School the student drop off and pick up will be the Main Entrance to the building. Entry for this drop off or pick-up will only be from Costello Drive (the road that runs around the playground). Costello Drive will be a one-way road (North to South) from the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Please approach Costello Drive from Butcher Blvd or “A” Street and drive out Wood Street. Please do not wait on Butcher Blvd to make a turn onto Costello Drive if traffic is lined up on Costello Drive.
Car riders that are dropped off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon will use the main entry and will enter and exit vehicles when directed by staff. The goal is to load and unload 6 to 8 vehicles at a time. In order to do this, the first vehicle in line will pull up to the end of the brown ballards/walkway to softball field. The first 6-8 vehicles will then load and unload under Mrs. Wade’s and Mrs. Smith’s supervision. Please use the car line to load and unload your child rather than walking them to the door. For your child’s safety, please have the child exit the vehicle on the school side of the vehicle. Also, for the safety of all children, please make sure to stay in the car line and follow the flow of the traffic. (Do NOT pull out of line)
If you need to visit the Elementary School building during this time, you may enter from Wood Street and park in a designated/marked spot and then proceed to the main entrance.
Car Rider Procedures
Car arrival and dismissal time is a very busy part of the school day. Our goal is to get everyone through the line as quickly and as safely as possible, and we appreciate your help with this. There are a couple things you can do to help.
- Due to the current situation, parents/guardians should remain in their vehicles when dropping off or picking up students.
- Please encourage your child to practice buckling up on their own.
- Please also have your child get in next to the curb so they stay out of the traffic as cars pull past.
- In the morning, please pull forward to the first pole to allow a full line of cars to be unloaded.
- After school, please pull forward again. Teachers will call students out to be loaded into cars as parents arrive.
- When the weather is bad, please continue to pull forward to allow a line of cars to be loaded. Teachers will walk students out with umbrellas when it is raining, or call a group to be loaded when the wind chill is too cold this winter to stand outside.
We ask that you be very patient with us as we are changing the way we dismiss students to minimize the number of students in the hallways. It is our goal to load students safely and efficiently. Please help us to do so!
Click the link below to access the August lunch and breakfast menus.
Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook to see all of the great things happening at our schools.