- A native of Hamilton, NY, Wright has been a member of the Bearcat coaching staff since 2004
- Served as Defensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach the past six seasons
- Earned his Master's degree from Northwest in 1996 and received his undergraduate at Dana College in 1995
- Has helped lead the Bearcats to eight national title games and four national championships
- 2014 and 2015 ProGrass DII Coordinator of the Year
I couldn't wish for a better person to take the helm for my Bearcats. What he's done for me, as a player and as a man, there's a special bond when you have a relationship like that with someone. I really just can't put into words how happy I am for him to have this opportunity. No doubt he'll hold the program to the same level of excellence we've been accustom to for 20+ years now. Rich has so much energy...it's going to be fun watching him on and off the field as he continues to push the program to new levels.
- The Bearcats have led the nation in Total Defense over the past three seasons (2014-2016).
- Northwest has been the NCAA's top rushing defense and scoring defense the past two seasons (2015-2016).
- Since the 2004 season, Northwest is 163-22 overall and 119-10 in MIAA competition.
- Three former Bearcats coached by Wright have played in the NFL (Steve Williams - Dave Tollefson - Matt Longacre). The most recent, Matt Longacre, currently plays for the LA Rams.