Flu vaccinations are essential to protecting public health. And, with community spread of COVID-19, preventing flu-related illnesses is especially important in preventing overload of our health systems.
We encourage you to increase communication efforts around the importance of vaccines and vaccine safety, with an increased emphasis on the benefits of flu vaccination, as well as the impact of the flu on everyone, and especially those with chronic health conditions, including people with HIV.
How to use the toolkit:
- Incorporate toolkit content, images, and messaging in flu vaccination communications
- Customize and share materials with your audiences and stakeholders
- Engage local partners to increase the community’s understanding and confidence in vaccines
- Customize the messages below to best fit your audience
- Tag partner social media accounts as appropriate
- When possible, include a graphic to draw attention to your post (see sample graphics below)
We also encourage you to add the CDC’s Flu Vaccine Finder Widget to your website, portal home page, or blog to help your audience find vaccines near them. Get the widget here.