Top Tips for hosting a Facebook Fundraiser
- Set a reasonable goal and increase it as you go - this not only incentivizes people to give, but makes sure Facebook's build in notification tools are working on your fundraiser's behalf!
- Share why you support this cause.
- Tell people what it will mean if they donate to your cause.
- Thank them when they donate. Consider pledging a certain amount or matching donations, if you are able.
- Consider offering something to incentivize your donors - a handmade card, a personal message, or even a comment that will make them laugh when they donate!
Sample Text for your fundraisers
This #DVAM2019, I am raising funds for the National Network to End Domestic Violence. 1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence or sexual assault in her lifetime - the time is NOW to change that statistic. NNEDV is proud to be a national voice for the 56 state and U.S. territory coalitions against domestic violence, their nearly 2000 local shelters and programs, and the millions of survivors and children they serve. NNEDV helps to raise awareness and bring about life-saving policy changes and shift society’s perspective on domestic violence. NNEDV also provides training, technical assistance, and critical information to coalitions and local programs, and provides opportunities for programs to work together to develop comprehensive solutions for survivors.
Help me build momentum this #DVAM19 for a movement that matters to me.