Anne Frank's House
Anne Frank and her family lived in the "Secret Annex" for about two years. She lived right behind where her Father's business was taking place. The location is in a canal close to the Westerkek Church in Central Amsterdam. In the front of the building it is Otto Frank's business of spices and pectin. They hid in the back of this business away from the streets so they wouldn't get caught.
Westerkerk is a Reformed church within Dutch Protestant church in central Amsterdam in the Netherlands. The Westerkerk was built between 1620 and 1631 in Renaissance style. The tower clock was one of the few things that could be seen from the attic of the hiding place, and several times" Anne wrote that the chiming of the clock every quarter-hour gave her comfort.
1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German or related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom
Nuremberg laws honestly hurt my feelings it makes me think about the Jim Crow Laws where basically you're not free. I constantly think about if that was me, I wouldn't have my freedom I should have. People get arrested for not being free, just imagine if that was you. Imagine if you could not be with the person you are with, imagine just waking up, and not being the same person you usually. I sometimes just take time and think if that was me, and you should to.
Propaganda is biased information or information that is not true on a certain topic. It is used so you can get an audience to believe you. For example, Donald Trump would talk trash about Hillary Clinton so he can win the election. Adolf Hitler mainly did that to the Jewish people. Propaganda comes from music, speeches, advertisements, some come films or plays, and television was also where a lot of propaganda comes from. Propaganda is also like spreading rumors which also misleading. Propaganda can be fun to use, but sometimes people might not recognize it, so it is imporatant you know what propaganda is.
Peter van Pels
Peter van Pels was born November 1926 near the Dutch border. He had no brothers or sisters, and in the book it said that he basically didn't have that much friends. Peter goes to hiding in 1942, and then gets arrested with eight other people in 1944. Peter and other people in hiding were sent to go train in Auschwitz. Auschwitz is then evacuated and people who were healthy had to go and do the "Death March". Peter is registered at a camp in Austria in January, then dies in May 1945 at the concentration camp.
Otto Frank is basically the leader of the Frank family, he tells everyone what to do, and controls the house. Otto Frank was born May 1889 in Frankfurt Germany. In 1915 Otto Frank gets drafted in the military. 10 years later he then marries Edith Frank, and after that Margot Frank was born. In 1942 Otto Frank and his family go in to hiding in the back of where he works. Otto Frank was the last Frank alive serving in Auschwitz by staying behind when everyone left. Otto Frank dies in 1880.
Margot Frank was born on February 1926. She was very clean, very quiet (unlike Anne), and was very intelligent. Margot has to go to Jewish school a year before she went in to hiding. Margot and Anne are deported to a concentration camp in Germany. Margot then dies of typhus in 1945.
Anne Frank was thirteen when she goes into hiding with her family. She soon gets taken out of hiding 2 years later. Anser is adventurous and playful, but she also has a serious side, and that is shown when she goes in to hiding. Anne and her mother don't get along, but her and her father usually do.