An Adobe Certified Expert Magento Commerce Business Practitioner is an expert user of the Magento 2 Commerce platform. Drawing on a deep background in business and ecommerce, the Adobe Certified Expert Magento Commerce Business Practitioner can efficiently align business objectives with Magento 2 functionality, optimize use of native features, and avoid unnecessary customization. Whether as a merchant, a manager, a consultant, or an analyst, the Adobe Certified Expert Magento Commerce Business Practitioner knows how to make the best use of Magento 2 technology.
This exam will validate the skills and knowledge needed to design and manage a Magento project from a business perspective; how to meet requirements with native configurations and when to customize; how to understand what makes ecommerce work; and how to be an arbiter between the technical and business team members, which also requires an understanding of their knowledge. Areas of knowledge include ecommerce, Magento architecture, Magento Admin and storefront, business and applications, and catalog.
Magento Certification Name Changes
Magento certification credentials were recently integrated into the Adobe Credentialing ecosystem. As a result the framework and names of Magento credential names have been changed to align with Adobe's credentialing framework and naming conventions. For more details, please visit here.
Adobe certification exams are developed with the participation of subject matter experts worldwide, following industry standards in developing fair and valid tests. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Are you an Adobe partner?
An official Adobe Certified Expert designation acknowledges your established expertise to help current and future business clients succeed!
Partners receive a 33% discount on all certification exam pricing. Email email@example.com to request your discount(s).
Where to start? Check out the Partner Learner Journey from the Adobe Solution Partner Program today.
Exam Guide Sections:
- Intended audience
- Exam information
- Minimum candidate experience
- Exam objectives and scope
- Online sample test
- Preparing for the exam
- Business Analysts
- Account Managers
- Project Managers
- QA Engineers
- User Experience Designers
- Web Designers
- Ecommerce Consultants
- Ecommerce Strategists
- Magento Platform Users
- Exam number: AD0-E700
- Exam name: Adobe Certified Expert Magento Commerce Business Practitioner
- Certificate level: Certified Expert
- Status: Active
- Available languages: English
- Number of questions: 60
- Formats: Multiple choice
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Delivery: Onsite/Online proctored (requires camera access) or test center proctored
- Passing mark: 67% or 41/60 [Please note: Percentage score would only be seen on older exam scores.]
- Price: $295 USD
Minimum Candidate Experience
Test takers should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Solid product knowledge of Magento 2 Open Source and Magento 2 Commerce including systems functionality, basics of system architecture, an understanding of integration, and the most popular third-party modules included in the standard Magento 2 installation.
- Knowledge of basic ecommerce terms and a good understanding of typical business usage scenarios and trends.
- Basic understanding of networking, cloud, and server infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of the laws concerning privacy and online trading in the US and Europe, as well as other major trading nations.
Exam Objectives and Scope
Section 1: eCommerce (13%)
- 1.1 Demonstrate ability to configure SEO features in Magento
- Marketing strategies: Omnichannel, multichannel, SEO, affiliate marketing, social marketing, email marketing
- What are the principle methods of natively improving SEO in Magento 2 projects?
- 1.2 Demonstrate understanding of securing a Magento project
- What is the meaning of "PCI compliance"? What effects does PCI compliance have on the website? What is SSL, and when should it be used? What is a DDoS attack? What is a firewall?
- What is difference between TLS and SSL? What other security features exist in Magento 2? How can security patches be applied?
- 1.3 Demonstrate understanding of how to measure and analyze the user experience
- What are typical usability principles and issues? For instance, when a user leaves an ecommerce site without completing a purchase they began, what usability issues need to be planned for?
- Demonstrate knowledge of key laws and regulations impacting ecommerce
- Disability compliance issues (ADA and its international equivalents)
- US and EU privacy and data protection regulations and GDPR
- 1.5 Demonstrate ability to use data analytics and testing
- Google Analytics, A/B testing, optimization and personalization
- 1.6 Demonstrate understanding of implementing omnichannel
- What products and tools does Magento have to handle complex inventory management? What B2B tools does Magento implement? What is MSI? How can MSI sourcing algorithms be used?
- Drop ship
- Buy-on-line / pickup-in-store
Section 2: Magento Architecture (22%)
- 2.1 Demonstrate ability to design a Cloud solution
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of on-premise vs. Cloud? How do you move to Cloud? How does Cloud influence project development? What features are only available on Cloud? What are the differences between Starter and Pro plans?
- 2.2 Demonstrate understanding of key concepts of Magento architecture
- Architecture in Magento 2 – What is it and how is it used in Magento Commerce?
- What are the benefits and costs of database sharding? What is the Varnish Full Page Cache and why is it better than the built in FPC?
- What are the basic responsibilities of templates and layouts in Magento 2? What are the basic steps for extending Magento 2 functionality with a code change or a third-party extension?
- How can the site design be configured using the options found in the Admin UI under System > Design > Configuration?
- 2.3 Demonstrate knowledge of how to use the Magento API for integrating with third-party systems
- What types of API does Magento Commerce have? What are the intended use cases for the different API types? What are the pros and cons of each type?
- What methods of authentication do the Magento 2 APIs support?
- Demonstrate the ability to manage credentials for the Magento API
- 2.4 Demonstrate ability to design and administer websites, stores, store views
- What are use cases for product attributes scopes?
- What is the effect of Website, Store, and Store View configuration scopes?
- Understand display of product catalogs in websites, stores, and store views
- Understand administration of websites, stores, and store views
- Understand localization taxes and pricing in websites, stores, and store views
- 2.5 Demonstrate understanding of the differences between Magento editions
- What are the main differences between Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce? What features are available only on Magento Commerce? (Commerce, Open Source, and B2B)
- Differences between Magento 2 Commerce, Magento 2 Commerce Cloud, and Magento 2 Open Source
- Advantages of Magento Commerce, Magento Commerce Cloud, Magento Open Source
- Staging and previewing
- Payment methods in Magento 2 Commerce
- Customer attributes and segments in Magento 2 Commerce
- Full page cache and indexing differences between editions
- All other differences between Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce
- 2.6 Demonstrate ability to identify infrastructure requirements for a Magento project
- What are the infrastructure elements of a typical Magento installation (database, search, CDN, cache, sessions, etc.)?
- 2.7 Demonstrate ability to configure the Magento storefront functionality
- How are cookies used in Magento?
- What must be done to configure cookies on multisite Magento implementations?
- What is static content signing?
Section 3: Magento Admin and Storefront (30%)
- 3.1 Demonstrate ability to use the Magento Admin
- Which sections exist in the Magento Admin UI?
- What are user roles? How can they be configured? Can a user have multiple roles?
- Demonstrate the ability to create complex user authorization configurations
- Demonstrate the ability to use grids and forms
- 3.2 Demonstrate ability to use content staging and previews
- What are staging timelines? How can staging be used? How can staging be previewed? What are the limitations of staging?
- Which entities can staging be used with? How can staging be used with third-party extensions?
- 3.3 Demonstrate ability to configure the shopping cart
- Can guest customers place orders?
- How can pricing and tax display be influenced through the Magento Admin?
- How do you restrict checkout to registered customers?
- Demonstrate the ability to use the wish list
- Demonstrate the ability to configure shopping cart rules
- 3.4 Demonstrate understanding of payment methods
- Which payment methods are available natively in Magento Commerce? Which capture methods does Magento provide? What are advantages of hosted payment? What are the shopping cart gift options?
- 3.5 Demonstrate ability to configure shipping methods
- What shipping methods does Magento 2 provide out of the box? How can table rates be configured? How can in-store pickup be set up?
- 3.6 Demonstrate ability to create a checkout process
- What can registered customers do that guest customers cannot? Why is the payment step last before order placement? What kind of customizations does Magento checkout support? How is price calculation in the checkout different from the catalog?
- 3.7 Demonstrate ability to set up order processing
- When an order is saved in the Magento database, what triggers a confirmation email to a customer using PayPal Express? Login to PayPal account? Clicking Checkout button? Clicking Purchase button?
- When editing a pending order, what order data can be changed?
- 3.8 Understand the use of extensions and customizations
- Where can a merchant find Magento extensions? How are extensions installed? How can a Magento extension be evaluated?
- What do you need to look out for when evaluating a third-party extension? When is a customization required?
- 3.9 Demonstrate ability to manage customers
- What are customer groups? What can customer groups be used for? How can customer groups be set up?
- What are customer segments? What can customer segments be used for? How can customer segments be configured?
- What are customer attributes used for? What kind of customer attributes can be created? What is the difference in customer attribute configuration between Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source?
- What are customer account features?
- 3.10 Demonstrate ability to use the CMS
- What are CMS pages and blocks? How can custom variables be used? How can external images be embedded in CMS content? How can multilingual CMS content be managed? What are widgets? How are widgets used?
- Demonstrate understanding of Magento Commerce banners
- 3.11 Demonstrate ability to create promotions and price rules
- What is the difference between catalog price rules and shopping cart price rules? What are effects of many catalog price rules? What are effects of many shopping cart price rules?
- Demonstrate the ability to set up product relations (related products, upsells, cross-sells)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of reward points
- What kind of coupons exist? How can they be configured?
- 3.12 Demonstrate ability to import / export
- Explain how to populate a product import template with product data that needs to be managed at the store view level. For example, images and language differ across the store views. If I have 3 store views what would that look like?
- Can order data be imported without customization? Define the import behaviors: add/update, replace, delete
- What is an empty attribute value constant and what is the default value?
- 3.13 Demonstrate understanding of reporting in Magento
- What native options exist for reporting in Magento? What are the benefits of Magento BI?
Section 4: Business and Applications (13%)
- 4.1 Demonstrate ability to gather requirements
- Given a customer need, how can it be implemented in Magento? Given a customer design request, what would be the easiest or most efficient way to accomplish the goal? When should you recommend that a client modify requests to fit native functionality?
- 4.2 Demonstrate ability to create internationalization / multisite setups
- When does a solution need to include multiple websites or stores? Multisite infrastructure
- Demonstrate understanding of Website, Stores, Store Views
- Creating localization, addressing and setting up international currencies and taxes, and multisite shipping
- 4.3 Demonstrate ability to create customer loyalty programs
- Identify the actions that can acquire rewards points for customers
- 4.4 Demonstrate understanding of laws and regulations
- Distance selling, PCI-DSS, cross-border trade, GDPR
- Fixed Product Tax (FPT) - How can it be configured natively to meet CA tax regulation requirements such as bottle deposit tax?
- EU / AU / CA tax regulations - How can native configurations meet storefront display requirements? How do you configure product prices to include tax; how do you configure product prices excluding tax; how do you break out tax only in the shopping cart or order confirmation?
- 4.5 Demonstrate ability to apply taxes
- US and EU tax regulations; VAT; digital VAT; in-state and out-of-state taxes; cross-border taxes
- 4.6 Demonstrate ability to set up a returns process
- What is a return process? How is a return process configured
Section 5: Catalog (22%)
- 5.1 Demonstrate how to use products
- Demonstrate the ability to create and use product videos. What determines whether a product is visible on the storefront? What determines whether a product can be sold on the storefront (saleable)?
- 5.2 Demonstrate ability to use different product types
- What are product types in Magento Commerce?
- 5.3 Demonstrate ability to use categories
- How can products and categories be added? What is the visual merchandiser? How can the visual merchandiser be used? Demonstrate the ability to manage categories. How can multiple websites with independent category trees be created?
- 5.4 Demonstrate ability to use product attributes
- What are attribute sets? What are the consequences of a few large attribute sets vs. many small attribute sets? What is the effect of using many configurable attributes with a product? What is the effect of store scope vs. global scope attributes? What are possible strategies to use fewer product attributes?
- 5.5 Demonstrate ability to scale catalogs
- How to deal with large catalogs
- High SKU catalogs
- High volume sales
- 5.6 Demonstrate ability to configure inventory management
- Inventory management
The sample questions allow you to see the type and format of questions that you will encounter in the actual exam. The results of the sample questions do not predict your actual test results.
Question 1 Answer: A
Preparing for the Exam
You are not required to complete training before taking the exam, and training alone will not provide you with the knowledge and skills required to pass the exam. A combination of training and successful, on-the-job experience are critical to providing you with the repository needed to pass the exam.
Additional study materials:
Questions and Inquiries?
Please contact the Adobe Credential Program Customer Support team.
The content in this exam guide is subject to changes and updates. Last update April 2020.