project 1 - building awareness
design an orihon style folding booklet visualizing the unique personality and character of your interview partner and their relationship to nature, specifically around water. collect information (see questions below) about him/ her in order to interpret and transform the research into a compelling design using storytelling, poetry, quotes, lyrics etc
emphasis will be placed upon original concept development and the exploration of diverse processes, techniques and methods. (photography, screen printing, xerography…) you will be expected to experiment and explore, thereby expanding on your visualizing skills.
questions to be answered
1. Tell me a memorable experience around water from your life.
2. What is your relationship to nature?
3. What is your favorite ocean animal?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What is your favorite landscape?
6. What makes you feel connected with the world?
7. What are you passionate about?
8. Who is your favorite writer/poet/songwriter/designer? Why?
9. What does flow mean to you?
10. How is water meaningful in your life?
orihon style folding booklet: final format: 4”x 4”, 4cp, high quality print (see 2nd sheet for details)