Our group has practiced, fixed up, tried , put together and persevered toward a robot and programming it to do what we want.
- The whole time we had kept playing around with a robot called Eugene, he is part of the dash and dot corporation. We were improving our progress. Each time we recorded it to see improvement and for evidence. Our group incorporated our STEAM skills throughout our prototyping. We want to include key functions like Walking, talking, glowing eyes, singing, freeze etc. I think the most difficult thing will be trying to make her hand reach out to grab something, we will be able to eventually succeed in doing this if we keep practicing.
- Both considered monsters
- Both kill people
- Both male
- Both European
- Frankenstein was created by scientist in an experiment
- Dracula is smart
- Frankenstein doesn't know any better than a child
- Dracula has companionship , Frankenstein is alone
- Frankenstein is the only one of his kind
- There are many vampires according to legend
We made sure that all of our progress was tracked. Today we improved our design but the cosmetic style of our animatronic. We tried to make it scary-looking and we added a few things to it like makeup, hot glue, dirt and we ripped it's dress. It turned out to look like this.
Today my group and I were finally able to see the design come together, we have achieved a chair. Our teacher Mr Wei built this based on our technical drawing. We measured the dimensions for all sides and finished the building today. (29/05/17) The construction took a while as our first two attempts weren't measured correctly. Luckily our third was, we used a stanly knife to cut it to size. A way to reduce the safety hazard was to receive help from our STEAM teacher, as we weren't able to handle the tool easily. In the end we were able to perfectly make some armrests, a base and we were able to fit in our robot at the bottom so it would be easy to move around. As we didn't complete the chair to our personal standards, we sacrificed a lunch time to starts painting it black. Next lesson it will look better as the paint would have dried.
Entry #3 (1/06/17)
Today my group and I finished our painting and finally esembled our chair completely. We were able to paint it completely. We made sure every part of it was painted black. Next lesson we will be able to start engineering the moving arm and secure it onto the chair correctly.
Entry #4 (08/06/17)
Today Zahra was away so it was just Chenoa and I. We included more functions with our dash and dot robot. We made it able to do a full course under the chair. The height of the dahs and dot lifts the chair off of the ground a little bit giving it a floating feature. We changed a friendly green colour the robot was glowing to a much more scarier red, this creates an eerie light looming under the chair. During that lesson we had some problems with the function of the arm being able to move, it wasn't working due to a connection problem. We used a new little bits set and thanks to our teachers help ,Mr Wai, we were able to carry on with our construction. We figured that screwing the motor onto the chair was much mor deficient than simply hiding the device under cotton balls, this was a waste on materials.
Entry #5 (14/08/17)
This afternoon I completely finished my brochure we had to include in our whole project. This was basically a summary of our adobe spark page. I included Questioning, Prototyping, Diary entries, visualising, our animatronic's backstory and photos of put track and progress.
#Entry 6 (15/06/17)
Today we finalised the brochure and added everything we needed to. Our animatronic last details were finished. The hand function we incorporated was finished as we screwed it onto the chair and secured it properly. We added cosmetics such as red food colouring to look like blood, this was our last lesson for any construction and cosmetic designs as we are showcaseing next Monday.
Videos of our tracking and progress
Reflection term 1
- Throughout our assignment piece we applied our Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and mathematics skills. I have learned many things this unit, How we incorporated our desired design thoughts to our actual animatronic and how exactly to program a robot. These are just a few examples that I have acknowledged into my assignment. On the other hand I had already known some strategies that I could apply to our monster. We still have time to improve our design through the next couple of weeks. We still need to complete our animatronic itself throughout next term, the completion of it will require hard teamwork and cooperation to include everyones ideas to create a better animatronic monster overall.
Reflection term 2
- This term our group has been focusing on the construction phase of our monster. We have successfully been able to complete all of our functions properly aside from our slight plan of the eyes glow. We realised that it was too much to do in the period of time we had. We were able to use out mathematical skills for the technical drawing used for our construction of the chair. Our art skills to find out our design for our animatronic. Our technology skills to be able to program the robot to do what we want off our iPads. Our engineering skills were put to the test with the arm function and how we were going to assemble it. We didn't use many science skills throughout this project, only recognising and utilising energy transfers, inputs an outputs. Thanks to our STEAM skills we were able to successfully complete our animatronic, although there are many improvements to be made. If we were able to change anything significant in our project I would happily change the short amount of time we were given.