Notes Week 11
COOKIE DOUGH DELIVERY!!
Wednesday, November 7
Enter through the North outside doors into the Gym.
Please remember that ALL items must go home on this day. Will will not have freezer space available at school for any leftover items. Please make arrangements to help your student get all items sold to their customers. Some students can carry a few with them on the bus, but if you have a larger order, parent pick-up will be necessary.
Parent Volunteer Help Needed!
We are in need of about 6-7 parent volunteers to help with distributing the fundraiser items to students/parents. If you are available to help from 2:15 to 4:30 pm, please click the Sign Up Genius link below. We would be grateful for any help you can give!
Thank you for your support of the fundraiser and the band program!
Google Classroom Playing Assignment DUE Sunday night (or before!)
Wind players (everyone except percussion), your playing assignment this week is the assigned line from Jingle Bell Tones. Instructions are in your Google Classroom.
Brass and woodwind instruments should be practicing:
- Rhythm Rockers and Rhythm Crush in the binder
- Pages behind Instrument Instruction tab in the binder (each class are on slightly different pages, or additional pages, they should practice what they did in class!)
- Winter Concert Music! Christmas Mash-Up, Jingle Bell Tones, and Let It Snow
- Note Names!
If your child needs after school help, please sign up for a time using the button below. Please only sign up for ONE time slot initially. We want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity and there are almost 100 band students this year! This is not a replacement for private lessons!
The student needs to sign in using their school Google account! Please have your student sign in—not the parent!
If the parent signs in, I don't know which student is staying after school! I only see the parent email address, which is not very helpful.
Percussion—here is a link to the percussion newsletter from Mr. Lewis
Christmas at the Meyerson
We have an exciting opportunity for our sixth grade band students!
We will be attending a Dallas Winds Concert on Monday, December 17. This is an optional concert which will feature Holiday music that the students are sure to love!
This is a great way to supplement our curriculum by allowing our students to see and hear a professional band while practicing some great concert etiquette skills!
- $30 will cover the cost of the trip.
- This is a professional concert, so attire is important. No athletic pants or T-shirts will be allowed. Your holiday best attire is appropriate.
- Students will need to report to the band hall at Sloan Creek at 5:15 pm. We will load the bus at 5:30 and go to the beautiful Meyerson Symphony Center in downtown Dallas.
- The concert begins at 7:30 pm.
- When the concert is over (around 9:30) we will load the bus and return to SCIS. We will make sure students are calling/texting updates so you will know when to pick them up at Sloan Creek. It will be a late night, but it will be an educational and FUN experience!
Parent volunteers will be needed, so consider joining us if you have been cleared as a LISD parent volunteer!
There are limited seats for this popular concert, so time is of the essence! You will need to fill out the Google Form (coming soon) and have payment turned in by Thursday, November 15!
We just found out about this concert and got permission to go today, so I am working on getting the Google Form and online payment set up. I will send this in an email next week as soon as it is ready! I just wanted to make sure you knew about it and could get it on your calendars today!
Students will need to eat dinner BEFORE coming back to Sloan Creek, they will not have an opportunity to eat at the venue!
If you have questions, please email Mrs. Rogers.