• USD $50 mil investment
• Marketing/Automated Production – GM South Africa
• Global vision “to become the most valued automotive company while simultaneously supporting sustainability and value throughout the business”
• Expected return – USD $44 mil Y1 and total USD $133 mil Y1-Y3
• Automotive sector is the largest in SA.
• Positive economic outlook for sub Saharan Africa
• Market spending foretasted to reach 8.2bn Rand's ($626M).
• State incentives such as Automotive Production and Development Plan (APDP).
• Balance between union agreements and automation.
· Target Market
· How to reach the South African consumer
· Radio and Television advertisements
• Refurbishment and general investment of automotive technologies
• Automation industry is expected to improve across the country
• Advantages of automation
- Competitive advantage
- Lessons reliance on manual labor
- Reduces risk of unsatisfied employees