2020 was a year like no other.
It forced challenges upon every individual, causing isolation, loss, devastation, heart ache, and suffering.
It also brought about opportunity. Moments demonstrating empathy, compassion, perseverance, and a chance for everyday people to shine as heroes.
The IHA team, volunteers, supporters, and clients are my heroes.
- Stacy Dykema - Executive Director
- Zenley - Executive Dog
Animal Alliance Network
Designed to facilitate unconditional positive regard among animal welfare organizations, to respect each organizational mission, recognize their strengths and maximize vital resources.
- 36 Shelter and Rescue partners that use our services
- 2,327 surgery patients are shelter and rescue animals
- 26% of annual surgeries overall service shelters and rescues
IHA Pet Food Pantry
Acquired the IHA Pet Food Pantry in February to provide low-cost pet food and supplies to our rescue and shelter partners.
- 86 participating recipient organizations
- Received 8 semi loads to distribute
- Distributed 158,370 pounds of pet food and supplies
- Distributed 12,240 pounds of litter
Our van enables us to transport shelter and owned animals from a remote destination to our clinic for surgery and return them back the following day.
- 781 animals transported for spay and neuter services
Our volunteers are exceptional and essential!
Painting a Brighter Future Together
Our goal is to raise one million dollars by December of 2022, enabling us to expand every aspect of our organization in order to continue to meet the needs of our community.
Take a virtual tour of our new clinic!
Amplifying our impact to expand our life-saving programs to save more lives.
- Purchasing a new transport van to serve more remote locations
- Increasing our commitment to pet owners living in under-resourced neighborhoods
- Reducing barriers for community cat caretakers
- Implementing wellness services for our rescue partners
Guarantee sustainability to secure a future for Iowa Humane Alliance, the animals they serve, and the people who care for them.
Phase I - Loyal Friends
- Joe and Pamela Agan
- Jeanne Allbaugh
- James Beranek
- Cliff Haley and Margaret Carrel
- Carolyn Collingwood
- Laurie Crawford
- Eleanor and Thomas Dvorchak
- Steve Griffith
- Haars Farm
- Julester Haste
- Jean and Paul Hoppenrath
- Lois James
- Rhonda Kekke
- Catherine Keys-Andreys
- The Kirby Family
- Leslie Margolin
- Connie and Glenn Maze
- Deb and John Ockenfels
- Ann Rude
- Delores Sedlacek
- Jennifer Skarda
- Jean Walker
- John McLaughlin and Trish Wasek
- Lori and Ben Arbuckle
- Randy and Michele Aschbrener
- Pam and David Cook
- David Giebler
- Janna Girardi and Matt Hesse
- Lisa Goodell Fraley
- Calista and George Hospodarsky
- Mark and Lindsey McDermott
- Kalynnda and Carol Rivermoon
- Bill and Barb Satkamp
- Mary Trachsel and Leslie Margolin
- Chris Whitmore
Business, Grant, and Foundation Friends
- Animal Relief Foundation Trust
- Best Friends Rachael Ray Save Them All Grant
- Cedar Run Boarding and Day Care
- Chesapeake Central Equestrian LLC
- Hall-Perrine Foundation
- The Heartland Mitzvah Fund
- The Houston Fund for IHA Clinic Expansion of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
- Leash on Life
- Miccio Foundation
- Petco Spay/Neuter Intake Diversion Grant
- That One Cupcake Place
- Zio Johno's Italian Restaurant