Hello Alumnae Sisters!
March was a month filled with excitement for chapter as we kicked off the semester by having a great turn out for rush and celebrating Founder's Day. With spring just around the corner our sisters have been keeping busy with various activities such as tabling events, fundraisers, and different workshops. We hope that you are all having a great year so far and thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter! LnF, Chapter <3
- Maikoau Vang - Theta Spring 2013 Associate
- Jennie Do - Iota Fall 2013
- Alysha Huynh - Iota Fall 2013 Associate
- Ka Vang - Iota Fall 2013
- Susan Luo - Kappa Spring 2014
- Ivette Mendoza - Kappa Spring 2014
- My Nguyen - Kappa Spring 2014
- Alice Wnuk - Kappa Spring 2014
- Verona Chen - Lambda Fall 2014
- Kayla Hui - Lambda Fall 2014
- Lenai Johnson - Lambda Fall 2014
- Tina Le Senior - Fall 2014
- Claudia Ortiz - Lambda Fall 2014
- Kimberly Vue - Lambda Fall 2014
- Bea Angela Carvajal - Mu Fall 2015
- Pa Zao Lee - Mu Fall 2015
- Jinny Kim - Nu Spring 2016
- Panouly Moua - Nu Spring 2016
- Paula Thuo - Nu Spring 2016
- Samantha Toledo - Nu Spring 2016
- Kabau Xiong - Nu Spring 2016
Chapter Monthly Goals
- Sisterhood: Host a round table to discuss individual concerns, distress, and come together as a sisterhood
- Scholarship: Apply for Bucky Awards in the areas we have excelled in
- Leadership: Have individual sisters who are interested to apply for Order of Omega to strengthen their leadership skills and grow their social network
- Cultural Awareness: Attend events outside of our Asian-American Communities. Example: Runways of the World (Fashion show) hosted by Wisconsin Union Directorate (WUD) Global Connections Committee
- Service: Host a service event at the Ronald McDonald House
Three Semester Goals
- For the semester, we have created a buddy system to help sisters check in on one another to make sure they're mentally, physically, and emotionally doing okay.
- Increase chapter GPA to 3.25!!!
- Raise $2000 for BCA!!!
WI CAA 1st Scholarship Award Recipient - Kayla HUi!
*Alumnae Weekend! Save the date!*
Thank you so much to those who have RSVP'd. We are very excited and can't wait to reunite again! This semester, alumnae weekend will be taking place from April 22nd - 23rd. Be on the look out for more details!
Reminder to stay in touch with your pen-pal and don't forget to participate in the social media contest below! If you have any questions or concerns about the pen-pal program, please feel free to reach out to chapter or CAA committee.
- 5 pts - Wear each other's favorite color for a day!
- 10 pts - Create a themed photo collage of the two of you
- 10 pts - Virtual food date! Cook or eat each other's favorite dish
- 10 pts - Sing the same part of a song you both like and sync it together
- 15 pts - Try incorporating something from your Pen Pal's routine for 3 days
- 15 pts - Video date
- 30 pts - Try out your Pen Pal's hobby
- 30 pts - Send your Pen Pal some snail mail