1. Can I still print my tickets from home?
No, the PDF printing has been replaced by mobile ticketing. Season ticket holders will still receive printed tickets in the mail and can enter the stadium using their printed tickets or mobile tickets via the South Carolina Gameday App.
2. What if I don't have a smartphone?
If you do not have a smartphone, please contact the Gamecock Ticket Office at 800-4SC-FANS.
3. Can I have multiple tickets on a single phone?
Yes. When accessing your tickets through your account, tap on the game, and you will be able to swipe right to left through your available tickets. We strongly encourage saving your tickets to your phone's Wallet or Passbook prior to gameday.
4. If I purchased my tickets from Ticketmaster, can I still access them through the South Carolina Gameday app?
Yes, you will be able to access your tickets via the South Carolina Gameday App by entering your email address and Ticketmaster password. Alternately, you can access Ticketmaster.com via your browser.
5. Can I use a screenshot of my ticket to enter Williams Brice Stadium?
No, screenshots of tickets or any ticket produced by an unauthorized source will not be accepted. You can access your tickets through the South Carolina Gameday App, or from your Apple Wallet (If you have an iPhone).
6. I have routinely transferred tickets to friends/coworkers in the past. Has that process changed?
The process to transfer a ticket has not changed. However, the recipient will only be able to access tickets for entry via a mobile device. The ability to print tickets at home (PDF) is no longer available. We encourage you to communicate in advance with whomever you may transfer tickets to and make sue they have a smartphone device to accept and view tickets.
7. What if my entire party is not with me when I enter the stadium?
Every fan needs to present a ticket to enter Williams Brice Stadium. If your party is not with you, you are able to transfer the ticket to them via your smartphone so they may enter separately.