Mukilteo School District Elementary School Culinary Competition
We’re thrilled to announce our 11th Annual Future Chef Competition open to all 3rd, 4th & 5th graders. The idea behind this event is to help educate the kids in healthy eating habits. Too often we hear about obesity in kids and kids not making the right choices in terms of their eating habits. That’s why we want kids to submit recipes for their favorite Fiesta Fit-Mexican Inspired Recipe!
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
• Health Conscious Recipe
• Fun Kid Food
• Judges Choice
• Best Table Presentation
Timeline of the event:
1. A flyer will be sent home with the students describing the event. Included with this flyer will be a blank recipe card.
2. Kids who would like to participate need to fill out the recipe card and return it to their teacher.
3. Teachers will collect the recipe cards and give them to building office or cafeteria.
4. Buildings return recipes to Nutrition Services no later than March 29, 2019.
5. A panel of administrators will evaluate recipe submissions and narrow the number of finalists down to 3 kids per school.
6. Those finalists will be formally invited to a Culinary Competition “Cook-Off” to be held at Sno Isle Skill Center on April 26, 2019 at 2:30.
The local press will be invited to take pictures of the kid’s creations and parents and teachers can view (and taste!) the final product during the reception portion of the event.
Transportation of the kids will not be provided on April 26th for the competition. Kids will need to be dropped off and picked up at Sno Isle Skill Center. Each child will have an adult mentor assigned to them to ensure safe food and preparation practices are followed. All Finalists will receive a framed plaque, recipe book of all finalists’ recipes, chef coat and hat. The grand prize winners will receive a new Bike & Helmet.