The University of Dallas men's golf team captured the first Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Championship in school history and the first championship for the program after defeating conference foes at Vaaler Creek Golf Club at the end of April. Dallas boasted a team score of 886 defending off Southwestern University and Texas Lutheran University by four strokes to bring home the trophy.
- Crusaders Capture SCAC Championship: UD secured the conference championship after holding off Southwestern and TLU by four strokes. Erik Hamm led Dallas with a 71. Dallas also had all five golfers on its squad place in the top-20 individually out of 34 golfers. Full Story.
- Emilio Montalvo sets new Low Second and Third Round Record at Rhodes College Spring Classic: Montalvo led the Crusaders to a second-place finish after he recorded a low second round score of 139. Montalvo shot a career-best 68 in the first round to notch the record boards. The sophomore then set a new school record in the third round after finishing with a 210 for a fourth place finish, as UD went on to finish above three ranked teams. Full Story. Full Story.
- Record-Breaking round leads Men's Golf to 4th Place Finish at John Bohmann Invitational: Dallas scored a program-best in the round with a 280, with the lowest scores counted being one above par (72). It was the Crusaders strongest round of the tournament and helped them finish fourth out of nine teams in the first tournament of the year. Dallas also finished with a record-breaking 870 (297, 293, 280) over three rounds. Full Story.
- Thomas Schuberg finished 2nd at Alamo City Classic: Schuberg shot a personal-best 73 in just his second competition of the fall. Dallas grabbed third place in the tourney with a 310. Schuberg matched a tournament-best four birdies, also. Full Story.
Records Broken This Season
- LOW TWO ROUNDS: 139 - Emilio Montalvo @ Rhodes College Spring Classic @ Memphis, TN (04/16/2019)
- LOW THREE ROUNDS: 210 - Emilio Montalvo @ Rhodes College Spring Classic @ Memphis, TN (04/17/2019)
- LOW AVERAGE: 73.69 - Emilio Montalvo (2019 - 23 rounds)
- LOW ROUND: 280 - John Bohmann Memorial Invitational @ Seguin, TX (09/11/2018)
- LOW TWO ROUNDS: 573 - Rhodes College Spring Classic @ Memphis, TN (04/16/2019)
- LOW THREE ROUNDS: 858 - Rhodes College Spring Classic @ Memphis, TN (04/16-17/2019)
- 4th year Head Coach Garrett Smith moved up to 107 wins as a head coach and now has a .471 winning percentage.
- Dallas secured six top-five finishes in nine tournaments this season.