The benefits of Goat's Milk in skin care products are many. Here are our top 5 reasons for using it in our soaps:
1. Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Goat’s milk contains alpha-hydroxy acids, which help remove dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. This exfoliation process removes old skin cells—leaving smoother, younger looking cells on the skin’s surface. Removing dead skin cells will help many skin conditions by removing irritation. The skin is smoother and softer with an overall lessening of fine wrinkles and skin discoloration. The hydroxy acids are also used to improve scaling, precancerous growths (actinic keratoses) on sun-damaged skin. In addition, there is also great benefit with acne.
2. Vitamins. Goat’s milk contains many vitamins, but is particularly high in Vitamin A, which is necessary to repair damaged skin tissue, and maintain healthy skin. There have been several medical studies showing that creams made with Vitamin A reduce lines and wrinkles, control acne, and provide some psoriasis relief.
3. Cream. Goat’s milk with its abundance of cream actually 'feeds' the skin and permeates through the cell walls, moisturizing the cells and acting as an anti-inflammatory. Since many people suffer from dry skin, particularly in the winter months, this moisturizing ability is an important quality for soap. Goat’s milk soap will not dry your skin out like many other soaps.
4. Minerals. Goat’s milk contains important minerals for the skin such as selenium. Selenium is believed by scientists to have an important role in preventing skin cancer. Selenium can also help prevent damage to the skin from excessive time in the sun.
5. Cleopatra. History has it that Cleopatra used goat’s milk to maintain her beautiful skin. That's reason enough to use it. Who doesn't want to look and feel like a Queen?Though most of us don’t have the time to take a daily dip in a goat’s milk bath, we can use the next best thing–Goat’s Milk Soap.
Cleopatra was believed to take daily milk baths. This daily ritual left her skin flawless, and her beauty won the hearts of Caesar and Marc Antony.