WHAT TO DO
Dance & Record
- Check out our dance instruction video to learn the official SONC Dance for Inclusion dance.
- Put on your favorite Special Olympics NC gear or any comfortable dance gear.
- Snap a 15-second video doing the dance.
- Say “This is the #Dance4Inclusion and I support inclusion for all. I challenge you to dance for inclusion!”
Post & Share
- Post your video to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or TikTok.
- Make sure you use #Dance4Inclusion so everyone can find your dance!
- Find and share your favorites by following #Dance4Inclusion on your social media channels.
Challenge your friends and family to show off their moves and make a donation for the Dance 4 Inclusion, too!
Help us end the month by joining us at the SONC (in your) House Party virtual dance on Saturday, May 30, at 8 p.m. Stay tuned for more details!
Spread the Word: Inclusion is sharing weekly challenges you can do to spread inclusion from home! Visit @PledgeToInclude on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook to see the newest challenges every Wednesday.
This week’s challenge is to invite five people to take the pledge at spreadtheword.global.
It is that time of year again
It's time for schools to complete their required Unified Champion Schools survey and final report. As a reminder, there are two reports that teacher liaisons need to complete:
1. The Unified Champion Schools teacher liaison survey, which is distributed by The University of Massachusetts (you should have received the survey via email on April 6).
2. The Unified Champion Schools Final Report, which is accessible here.
Complete both surveys by May 31 for a chance to earn prizes for your school!
- Schools that complete one of two reports earn prizes valued at $150.
- Schools that complete both reports earn prizes valued at $300.
*Prizes will be shipped when schools are back in session, and we will work with teachers to identify most needed items.
Need support completing the UMass Survey or Unified Champion Schools final report? Contact us.
Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools National Recognition application is now open!
The National Recognition Program provides schools across the United States the chance to be acknowledged for their achievements with social inclusion and their partnership with Special Olympics. The Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools that are meeting the 10 standards of excellence in inclusion are then given a vinyl banner to hang proudly in their school for their dedication to improving their school climate. These “banner schools” are activating at the highest level and Special Olympics finds value in celebrating them. National Banner Recognition resources, including the 10 standards by grade level can be viewed on the updated National Recognition Page here.
Schools will have two full months to apply. If for any reason a school requests an extension due to the current global situation, please contact Special Olympics NC at UnifiedSchools@sonc.net. For more information on the National Recognition Program updates for this cycle, please click here.