Loading

Minutes 10/23/17 Senate Secretary, Kara Donovan

  • Call to order
  • Invocation by Senator Brock
  • Pledge of Allegiance
  • Roll call by Secretary Donovan
  • Senators Miller, Siapno, Simpson, Reinker, Kazmier, Richard, Reid, and Hines and Vice President Stewart were found absent
  • Approval of the minutes
Presentation by Brooks Center Director for Artistic Initiatives Dr. Eric Lapin
  • AC: is the Brooks Center involved in anything besides performing arts?
  • EL: yes we have an art exhibit in the lobby but are looking to do more with that
  • SP: how do you pick the shows that come to the Brooks Center?
  • EL: artistic vision, traditionally work with an established set of agents, but looking to make the offerings a little more youthful, I want to know who students want to see come to the Brooks Center
  • SM: move to open the gallery
  • PG: very interested in creative expression/innovation, how can we as a university reorient our culture more around the arts?
  • EL: creativity, collaboration, innovation are applicable in all aspects, STEAM initiative going well so far, trying to look at engineering through an artistic lens
Academic Affairs, Shreya Shankar
  • Neil Burton Meeting:
  • Will come to speak with possibilities of expanding career center
  • Work on gaining feedback from students about exactly which resource books they would like for MCAT, LSAT, GRE, etc.
  • Gain feedback from students about who would/would not come to what types of seminars and developmental workshops
  • Graduation Meeting with Deborah Sparacino:
  • Expect resolution about students who should or should not be allowed to walk at graduation, there is talk from registrar’s office about changing the policy
  • Mar and Kathleen meeting with Kirsten Goodnow to discuss specifics of major/minor fair this year
  • Talk of expanding Major/Minor fair to have students from every major there as representatives
  • Tentatively the second week of classes spring semester.
  • Matt working on getting food trucks for finals week: found certain food trucks that are cleared by Aramark contract, going to talk to Dan Hoffman about if parking will be available
  • Working on Academics cheat sheet for new freshman
  • Sending out survey for feedback for humanities student research
  • Talking to R&D about cheaper transcripts.
  • Tremaine working with military affairs to get exact requests for early registration
  • CU Drop in Research Spotlight:
  • Please submit graphic designs for CUDIRS banner to email below
  • Contacting companies to buy podium
  • Looking for professors who want to present research; submit names if you know anyone
  • Exploring expansion of undergraduate research opportunities
  • Unified database of research opportunities in every College
  • Going with Dr. Griffin to talk to undergraduate associate deans about undergraduate research fair
  • Contact info:
  • Shreya Shankar
  • 843-260-4372
  • shanka2@clemson.edu
  • @shreyatheslaya
Athletics, Josh Hutchinson
  • Updates:
  • Athletics Updates:
  • Waterfall effect is back
  • It is a hybrid system: you can only waterfall down ONE slot (i.e. seniors can log in during senior and junior slot, but not all slots)
  • Penalty system is in place- please send us screenshots of individuals selling student tickets
  • Investigating method for student-led new software system-Katie
  • Campus Rec Updates:
  • Constituency report going well- August, Katelyn, Banner, and Morgan are working on this
  • IM League integration with student accounts
  • Ineligibility for one of two reasons
  • You have not paid campus rec fee
  • Two accounts (easy fix)
  • Projects:
  • Penalty for selling tickets—Rachel and Izzy
  • Campus Rec Constituency report—August, Katelyn, Banner, and Morgan
  • Ticketing Software updates—AJ and myself
  • Future Software project—Katie
  • Contact Info:
  • Josh Hutchinson | 803-727-3854 | jhutch4@g.clemson.edu
Campus life, Jacob livingston
  • Updates this Week:
  • Sign up to volunteer for the OCHF; all volunteers get a free t-shirt! Please share the OCHF graphic on Facebook and spread the word!
  • Rachel is working on developing the menu for the next MCDD: Native American Heritage Month!
  • David is working on mailroom efficiency and has some awesome ideas—shadowed mailroom workers this morning!
  • Had an great meeting with Dr. Stewart-Tillman this week about the future location of the CU SAGA’s gender-nonconforming clothing closet.
  • Sam Smith sings “Won’t you call me, can we have a one-on-one please?” in his new song and I fully believe he is singing to Leland. | jwlivin@clemson.edu | (843) 855-2516 | SC: @jacobsayshi | Twitter/Insta: @jacob_livvy
finance & procedures, miller hoffman
  • Big shout-out to Christian Jones for securing veterans space in Vickery!
  • Legislation (from F&P):
  • Second Read:
  • Non-operational funding
  • First Read:
  • Legislative Bylaws Amendments
  • Non-operational Funding
  • Operational
  • Emergency (2 Reads tonight!)
  • Updates:
  • F&P is ready to kick @!$ and take names for Senate Halloween, who’s first?
  • It’s almost November already, try to start wrapping up projects
  • Looking forward to Senate Thanksgiving :D
  • No horseplay around water. Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide #bigfacts
  • @JLivy I’ll be glad to be your Homecoming Queen, but you have join ROTC and escort me :D
  • mhoffm5@g.clemson.edu / 803-412-5983
health & human services, madison gregoris
  • Happy birthday Jay!!
  • Flu shots:
  • Redfern Health Center every Wednesday 9-11AM and 130-415PM for $25 or free depending
  • Publix (no appointment necessary) for $30 and $10 Publix gift card
  • CVS has walk-ins to Minute Clinic OR pharmacy and $5 off $25 coupon online
  • It's flu season get vaccinated!
  • FAQ:
  • Why do I need a flu-shot? 200,000 flu-related hospitalizations each season due to the flu. Flu shot doesn’t only protect you - but the people around you who don’t and can’t (babies, elderly, can’t afford to, immunodeficiency disorders) get vaccinated!!
  • Can I get the flu from getting vaccinated? No! Viruses in the flu shot are inactivated (dead) so they can’t infect you
  • Tampon receptacles in all-women on-campus housing
  • Met with Mr. Reggie Hawthorne (Director of Custodial and Building Support) on Friday (10/20)
  • Confirmed that there should be receptacle boxes in all housing bathrooms on campus so if you know of any that don’t have them, please let me know! (315) 559-2066
  • CADD (Clemson Against Drunk Driving)
  • Meeting with Healthy Campus (10/27), CATBus (10/25) this week
  • Planning, planning, planning, logistics, logistics, logistics
  • Redfern!
  • Met with George Clay on Friday (10/20) to discuss updates
  • Doubling STI testing appointments for the Spring semester
  • Looking into creating additional space for Women's Health Center
  • CAPS intake up 11% of where they were at this time last year
  • Let’s talk about medical withdrawals baby, let’s talk about you and me
  • Seriously though, HHS is looking into reforming what medical withdrawals look like here because there’s a serious struggle between being financially and physically/mentally okay
  • Only one ADA accessible bathroom in Cooper - and it’s on the 5th floor
  • S/o to Aubrey for bringing this to my attention
  • We’re looking into this
  • Tampons in vending machines in the Shoeboxes are $2.00 but condoms are only $1.25
  • S/o to Jay for bringing this to my attention
  • We’re looking into it
  • Aubrey already has proposal written up for installing at least one more printer in the Shoeboxes
  • Exploring ITSAB funding
  • Awesome work
  • “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” - Winston Churchill | 315.559.2066, mjgrego@g.clemson.edu
transportation & facilities, patrick gorospe
  • Updates:
  • Road closures next semester along 93 (from Douthit hub to tennis courts)
  • Hackathon meeting went well. Looking to host a Clemson specific hackathon early in the Spring. Meeting with Director of Watt Center this week
  • Please take care in considering SR03, Resolution on DREAM Act.
  • Projects:
  • Jessica Ruday - Pursuing the installation of lights for the Scroll of Honor
  • Derwin Simpson & Emily Anders - awaiting results from R&D Committee on mental health benefits of Nap Pods, exploring potential partners and prime locations
  • Monica Rozman - working with CUPD to explore the possibility of a school-wide active shooter training
  • Andrew O’Steen & Lisa Uy - created two Google forms for finding top locations of Water Refill Stations
  • Upcoming Meetings:
  • Dan (weekly)
  • Todd Barnette (bi-weekly)
  • Peter Knudsen (monthly)
  • HMU 803-371-0959 | pgorosp@clemson.edu | @heyitsmepatg (coffee, free food, friendship)
university services, mikey summers
  • Peter:
  • Hackathon - contacting Courtney this week
  • Talked to Adam Summer about Your Voice Counts surveys
  • QR Code for Your Voice Counts
  • Geotagging helps bring you to proper survey for your dining location
  • Ashley:
  • Green Crescent Trail Steering Committee
  • Meeting w/ Lucas Anderson (CCD)
  • Re-decking Abernathy Park
  • Volunteer Opportunity
  • Day by day commitment (week-long event)
  • Food for students
  • Maybe bring in a concert or evening activity
  • Need over 100 volunteers
  • Naming rights to new pedestrian bridge
  • Getting kiosks put at major road crossings to support the trail
  • Food Summit
  • Leadership team chosen
  • Catherine:
  • Looking at getting a student representative on City Council
  • No word from R&D about city council research
  • Spoke with Lucas Anderson about project
  • Drafted an email to the mayor
  • Thomas:
  • my.Clemson App
  • CUSG will be on the my.Clemson app
  • Tailgate Over Citadel Game on Nov. 18 (right before Thanksgiving Break) will be potluck style
  • Outside Fike on Sunday
  • Looking at a DJ
  • Frank:
  • Remote Desktoping
  • Contact Ryan Real
  • Did some research on Remote Desktoping
  • Good for security - can enforce encryption
  • Lower Cost for some programs
  • Mentorship Programs
  • Greater accessibility for students without cars
  • Beau:
  • Meeting tomorrow at noon for Constituency Report
  • Putting up ads in Freeman
  • Jacob:
  • Alumni Networking
  • Demographics of Senate/CUSG
  • Reporting of statistics
  • Socioeconomic status, gender, race, in-state/out-of-state, etc
  • How does CUSG reflect the changing demographics
  • Jacovia:
  • Incorporating alerts for downed buses, late buses on my.Clemson app
  • Contact Patrick
  • Incorporating TigerOne card paying on
Clerk, Jack Council
  • CUSG on-campus activities:
  • Scroll of Honor tour tomorrow at 4 pm!!!
  • If you ever have any questions or just wanna hang out,
  • 704-488-3242
  • jcounci@g.clemson.edu
  • Snapchat/Insta: @jack_council
Secretary, Kara Donovan
  • Seating Chart
  • Meet the Senators
  • New absence makeup event: Clemson Against Drunk Driving Week (week leading up to FSU)
  • Points:
  • OCHF fb cover photo
  • Funding board (biweekly)
  • Scroll of Honor tour
  • Contact Info:
  • (410) 220-7220 | donova3@g.clemson.edu | Insta: @kara710 | Twitter: @kdon710 | Snapchat: @karadonovan710
Pro temp, Steven Patrick
  • Thomas Marshall, Mr. Intramurals
  • Jessica Ruday, Ms. Senate Potluck
  • Fall Retreat surveys/tshirts :)
Vice president, jaren stewart
  • Report given by Senate President Leland Dunwoodie
  • I am unable to attend senate tonight because I am at the annual ACC Advocacy Conference in Washington, DC. At this conference, we are going to meet with our representatives to discuss federally funded research programs and grants. In addition, we will have the opportunity to meet with the other student government leaders from other ACC schools to gain a broader perspective on unique campus issues. Below is my committee report.
  • Project Updates:
  • Clemson Disaster Relief Fund (CDRF)
  • Florida - United Way of Greater Houston
  • Houston - Lone Star Community Health Center
  • Soufriere Primary School - located in Soufriere, Dominica on the southwestern coast
  • Age of students range from 5-12 years old
  • Includes programs that teach the importance of clean drinking water for their health
  • Broadens the student’s knowledge of possible future career path
  • We are still continuing to select non-profit orgs and countries for international aid.
  • BGR Project next scheduled for October 25th @ 3pm
senate president, leland dunwoodie
  • Cabinet Notes:
  • Campus Planning 6pm Monday
  • Steering:
  • End-of-Term Calendar: Coming Too Fast
  • Finishing projects
  • Establishing => Growing
  • City Council Meeting 11/20
  • Service Project:
  • Tiny House: Sunday, October 29 9am-1pm (Mikey Summers)
  • Day of Service: Friday 9am (Jack Council)
  • Shoutouts:
  • Peter Sterckx - Hackathon
  • Christian Jones - space for Vet Center!!
  • David Kindervater - mail
  • Updates:
  • Career Center
  • Walk at Graduation
  • Steering Action Steps:
  • Finishing projects
  • Leland Dunwoodie | 269-759-4768 | ldunwoo@g.clemson.edu | @lelanddunwoodie

old business

  • Senate Bill 23
  • Authors: Miller Hoffman and Christian Jones
  • Purpose: To approve the recommended non-operational appropriations.
  • BS: move to call this bill to question
  • SB 23 passes
  • Senate Resolution 03
  • Authors: Patrick Gorospe and Michael Summers
  • Sponsors: Selena Valdizon and Juan Avila
  • Purpose: To express Undergraduate Student Senate support for petitioning the Clemson Board of Trustees and the South Carolina Delegation to Congress to support the swift passage of the DREAM Act of 2017.
  • Testimony shared from Jesus
  • CJ: move to approve this resolution by acclamation
  • SR 03 approved by acclamation
  • MH: Move to introduce articles of impeachment
  • Objection
  • Will hear articles of impeachment as objection is not sustained
  • Articles have 17 signatures
  • Reading of the articles by Senator Hoffman
  • Reasons for bringing forth articles include not fulfilling responsibilities as Student Body Vice President (SBVP) and being unfit for the office of SBVP
  • Has absolutely no relation to the flag protest in previous Senate meetings and has no racial motivation
  • It is a privilege to be apart of CUSG, and one must stay true to Clemson’s core values as these offices are looked up to and desired
  • The sole purpose in initiating this process is to present facts and sound logic to allow you to make the best decision that you can
  • Remove character attacks and ulterior motives from both sides
  • SBVP was suddenly terminated from role as RA in late April of last semester
  • 3 days later, an incident report filed with urgency level “critical”
  • SBVP charged with trespassing and unlawful entry, charges confirmed by OCES
  • An article was released with charges in October this year
  • Other allegations include intimidation and sexual harrassment
  • No contact order put in place between SBVP and a current senator by OCES this October
  • Parties cannot make contact in any way including email, phone calls, or by third parties, must cease any contact direct or indirect
  • SBVP has not denied the allegations publicly
  • These events bring valid concerns, actions are reason enough to continue with impeachment process
  • Not asking for a final judgment tonight, looking for an opportunity to get to the bottom of this
  • The decision tonight is not for a particular outcome but rather the ability for a fair and reasonable trial to occur
  • This is a matter that is under senate’s jurisdiction, not the executive or judicial branch
  • Absolutely a matter that must be brought to your attention
  • Now enter a 5-15 minute period of question and answer:
  • JL: move to enter executive session with the exception of Dr. Miller, Emma Schaefer, Lindsey Wright, and Marrcel Smith
  • AA: objection- this is the people’s vice president and the people deserve to hear the questions and debate
  • Dr. Miller: this fits within the bounds of when executive session is permitted as it is related to personnel matters, any kinds of conversation relating to a personnel matter are permitted to be in executive session
  • Objection is not sustained, will now vote on whether to enter executive session
  • Will not enter executive session
  • JC: if the point is to hear facts, and the facts of this case are in documents we do not have access to, what is the reason for this?
  • MH: those facts are merely allegations in the documents, I want to get to the bottom of this and that is the point of this process; this is a fair process, tonight is more about the articles and not Jaren’s testimony; 100% this will be a professional and procedural process
  • AA: if the young lady in question was truly in fear, why was the no contact order just filed for?
  • MH: it was under the impression that she had one previously; I’ve been informed that a call is made to Almeda Jacks to expedite that process this semester
  • MR: will anyone be monitoring the fairness and lack of bias in a trial?
  • MH: the Senate President is the chair of the impeachment trial, and Attorney General Janay Crosland will also be present
  • PG: VP Stewart had been released from his RA position, was he re-hired?
  • MH: I am unsure of that
  • AC: can you elaborate on the no contact order?
  • MH: I can only speak to what I know, I understand a no contact order was officially put in place October 6, while it was understood that there was one in place previously by the fellow senator, alarming to me that someone would feel they need to have one in place and that is the real significance to me moving forward
  • ZP: is this a student-led thing or was it recommended by a higher authority?
  • MH: strictly student-led
  • PS: why wasn’t the impeachment filed earlier if it was assumed there was a no contact order?
  • MH: I didn’t know about this until early October
  • MS: impeachment is a legislative issue, but did you meet with the judicial branch?
  • MH: absolutely met with judicial as well as with OCES, but I cannot speak on certain things legally
  • MS: and what did the meeting with Janay look like?
  • MH: learned more about the no contact order and what the process would look like, etc.
  • MP: what is explicitly fact?
  • MH: termination as resident assistant, quoted what could bring that on, incident report filed with urgency level critical, charged with trespassing and unlawful entry
  • 15 minute period of question and answer expired, unable to be extended
  • Now enter a period of pro/con debate on whether to enter into a trial:
  • BB: pro- this is due process of having a fair trial, unfair not to allow him the chance to represent himself, we need to know what is true and what is not
  • JS: con- this trial would allow Jaren to respond directly, but he wouldn’t need to respond directly if this doesn’t go to trial, this case is shaky at best
  • MR: point of information (POI) witnesses could provide more information in a trial
  • ST: pro- owe it to ourselves and those who elected us to follow through with this process, incredibly serious allegations and none of us have the full story
  • AA: con- has been brought up to OCES several times, not under our jurisdiction to be discussing this whatsoever, don’t believe a no contact order constitutes reasons for an impeachment trial
  • RR: pro- many of my constituents have asked me about this, we need a trial to hear all sides of the story and get the facts we don’t know about
  • MG: con- the only reason this has been brought back to our attention is due to an illegally leaked document, we would not have been aware of this if the document had not been illegally leaked to us; also when a no contact order is delivered, both parties are notified immediately
  • KV: pro- as a senate body we need to create a hospitable environment, and if even one senator doesn’t feel safe, we should at least talk about this in a trial
  • JC: con- we can’t hear information that we are not allowed to know so the point of the trial would be negated
  • KD: POI a witness has the ability to reveal whatever information they choose during a trial since it is their decision to do so
  • BS: pro- we passed an amendment to require disciplinary records to be released, so this is something we should be talking about; this is something we need to talk about even if the files weren’t supposed to be common knowledge
  • TM: con- an incident report can be written in any type of way, so I feel we don’t know how critical of an IR this really is
  • SP: pro- have had a variety of constituents come up to me and ask what is going on, and I have to tell them I don’t have a clear picture which is not something I want to have to say to my constituents, this weakens their belief in me as a representative, may not have been brought up to us in a legal matter, but it has still been brought up to us
  • SM: con- unjust not to hear Jaren’s side of this, but we were okay with going forward with this with him not here; the results of the OCES case are only available to OCES and Jaren, so all we know is that he was fired as an RA, and if it were severe enough OCES would ask the accused to step down from public positions; on the OCES website it says being documented in an incident report is not intended to get anyone in trouble; none of this should have even happened in the first place
  • ZP: pro- need to understand the magnitude of this; this was leaked, we need to go from there and SBVP is a leader on campus and is held to a very high standard, going to a trial to understand the magnitude of these actions, I don’t personally believe he should be impeached, but I believe we need to go to trial to hear this out
  • MM: con- yield to gallery member Kayla Williams
  • KW: people have spoke on feeling safe and welcome in this environment, and we are Jaren’s constituents and we go to him to let him know when we feel unsafe; when is the last time you stood up and represented us? I have to doubt that this is not about race, and it still goes back to the fact that he is black- none of you would be willing to stand up and be there for us
  • JH: POI is it not true that there has to be probable cause for a no contact order to be filed by OCES
  • OCES Representative: any student can come to us and ask for a no contact order against another student, and charges may or may not be assigned and the no contact order is applied to both sides
  • MR: pro- I had no idea last senate that these articles would be brought forward because I did not realize that there even could be merit, so I started asking questions and I have come to terms with the fact that there is racism on this campus, but at the same time we need to give this our due diligence and we will hear everything
  • RR: con- I have extreme concern with how we are handling ourselves and how we are as a student body, we had a student come to us and express how it feels to be a minority on campus, and we are not hearing them; according to the bylaws he is fulfilling his duties as SBVP, a trial still doesn’t change FERPA laws and we will never be able to be involved in that, as an RA we are trained on how to write incident reports, and you simply have to record what was said to you, it is not a factual document; OCES and CUSG are not here to fulfill the same roles
  • AM: pro- the idea of transparency has always been apparent to me since the start of my time in student government, and we are here for a system of checks and balances so we shouldn’t be scared of going to trial, important to have this dialogue which will just keep lingering on if we don’t talk about it
  • MG: con- we are acting as a legislative body and using the document that was obtained illegally would not be allowed in a US court of law
  • JS: pro- after last senate I voted in the con, but this issue is never going to go away and the only closure we will get is if we go through with this, this is going to keep coming up and we need to go to trial in order to get closure
  • WW: con- yield to Kayla Williams
  • KW: the accuser could choose or not choose to bring the document
  • WW: con- this trial is not fair as impeachment is only being brought against one side
  • ST: pro- fair does not mean both sides throw equal amounts of allegations, it means both parties can present their evidence and then procedure is followed; this is not about racism either, I don’t know whether Jaren is guilty or not, but I want to have the ability to make an educated vote
  • MM: con- going to trial to get closure, but OCES is our university’s way to provide that closure
  • MPS: pro- document did violate FERPA laws, but the accuser herself can bring this document to trial and she herself can bring the information; this is not about race as a minority student; Jaren would not meet with me to tell me his side of the story, and he ran on transparency and would not meet with 2 senators to talk about this issue; also the accuser did reach out to people in student government leadership before the summer started so this issue did not come up because the document was illegally leaked and the accuser has been fighting but has been too scared to do this herself and went to leadership to get help; SBVP was found guilty by OCES of trespassing and should be held to a higher standard, and we are also not fighting fairly for the one person who was scared to voice her opinion in this room
  • WW: con- this is not a fair situation because it is based on hearsay and word of mouth
  • AO: pro- people have seen this document and we are all allowed to see that, it is up to us to bring a fair trial based on charges that have been brought up
  • PG: con- trial would be in executive session so you would not be able to reveal the information to your constituents, zero confidence in our ability collectively to conduct a fair trial
  • MP: pro- impeachment is based off of probable cause so that is why Jaren has charges against him and not the accuser, the report was listed as critical and that is the bottom line, we are not trying to take representation away from anyone; Jaren has access to everything that has been said tonight; a trial is not a conviction; the public knows about this leak, Jaren holds a public office
  • PS: con- Jaren is a strong minority representative on this campus and we need to consider that
  • BB: pro- we need to bring this to trial to get to the bottom of this and find out the facts, we need this to be fair by giving all sides a chance to speak, we need more evidence and we can’t get it until the trial
  • ZP: con- move to end debate and call the trial to question
  • Objection that was sustained, will not end debate
  • EA: pro- OCES did investigate this, but they did not elect him, we did so we need to investigate this, the best thing to put these rumors to rest is to have a trial
  • AA: con- has been made clear that when a no contact order is filed both parties are alerted, I do not think the facts add up, this really is about race
  • SP: pro- transparency is important, and if this does go to trial in executive session, I would be able to tell my constituents that that is the reason I can’t disclose more information; and all opinions need to be respected including those of other senators you may not agree with
  • JS: con- by sending this to trial, you are failing to see and hear and fight for the needs of minority students on this campus
  • MH: pro- I feel like we all should know the truths and a trial would allow us to make an informed decision
  • BD: move to end debate
  • We have now ended debate
  • PG: move to vote on this by secret ballot
  • JS: objection
  • Objection was not sustained and we will vote by secret ballot
  • Vote announced on October 23, 2017 at 11pm
  • There will be an impeachment trial by a vote of 40-18

New business

  • Senate Bill 24
  • Author: Miller Hoffman
  • Purpose: To update the Legislative Branch bylaws to reflect the appropriate changes to update the bylaws and procedures of the Legislative Branch.
  • SB 24 is tabled
  • Senate Bill 25
  • Authors: Miller Hoffman and Mason Hammond
  • Purpose: To approve the recommended non-operational appropriations.
  • CJ: move to send this bill back to F&P
  • SB 25 is now back in F&P
  • Senate Bill 26
  • Authors: Miller Hoffman and Mason Hammond
  • Purpose: To approve the recommended operational appropriations.
  • AS: move to send this bill back to F&P
  • SB 26 is now back in F&P
  • Senate Bill 27
  • Authors: Miller Hoffman and Mason Hammond
  • Purpose: To approve the recommended emergency appropriations.
  • MP: move to send this bill to second read
  • SB 27 is now in second read
  • JS: pro- wonderful bill
  • BD: move to approve by acclamation
  • Approved by acclamation

announcements

  • Pins for Pets Saturday 12:30-2:30, teams of 4
  • UN Day Tuesday
  • Career Center Clothing Initiative - see Leland after
  • Tiny House: Sunday, October 29 9am-1pm (Mikey Summers)
  • Day of Service: Friday 9am (Jack Council)
  • Scroll Tour tomorrow 4-4:30pm (Jack Council)
  • JL: sign up for OCHF from 2-3pm, and Derwin Simpson won Big Man On Campus!
  • KV: had an idea for a unity day or a unity march from Tillman to the stadium to come more together, want to make a committee of sorts
  • SP: Muslim Student Association has a lot of events coming up, if interested in trying to help them, reach out to me
  • JS: move for a roll call
  • Senators Miller, Tilley, Simpson, Kazmier, and Hines and Vice President Stewart were found absent
  • LU: move to adjourn
Created By
Kara Donovan
Appreciate

Credits:

Created with images by jill111 - "stack of books vintage books book" • PublicDomainPictures - "autumn basket colorful" • TBIT - "dollar bank note money" • www.metaphoricalplatypus.com - "Bikes" • mebner1 - "printer 3d making"

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.