Beebe High School is excited to launch the first ever, Innovation Fair! The BHS Innovation Fair is an event which showcases student work on innovative projects. Students will present their projects to other students, parents and community members. The purpose of the Innovation Fair is to celebrate the learning process through student innovations by actively engaging our students & community with innovative projects that promote creativity & analytical thinking.
- Energy Efficiency - Make anything more energy efficient (think solar, biofuels, wind power), or how to “go green”
- Technology - develop a program, robotics, automate something, create an app or a web design
- Public Safety - what can you create or modify that will keep people safe? (student drivers, passengers in cars, how to keep people from being distracted while driving (i.e. texting while driving) night lights, cross-walks, other
- Social Media - how to effectively or creatively use common apps (Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram). Create a new social media platform, tutorials on making videos, movies, music videos, YouTube channels
- Engineering - Build something, Design something, Redesign something, how can we take a commonly used item and make it better.
- Fine Arts - The creation, and process, of a piece of choral or instrumental music. Also showcase poetry, playwright for theater, artistry, etc.
DETAILS ABOUT TEAMS
- All entrants must complete an application. The team can be 1-5 students(9-12 grade). Teams will compete in one of the 5 categories listed above.
- Projects can be a class assignment or can be totally independent from school.
- Students are encouraged to secure a mentor (teacher, other adult) to help them problem solve, secure items, etc. If students need a mentor, the committee will help them secure one.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- December 14 - Submit your Application
- February 1 - Project Preview with Innovation Fair Committee
- March 1 - Final Project Preview with Innovation Fair Committee
- March 13 - BHS Innovation Fair
On Presentation Day, the team will present their project explaining the process and product. Presentation must include media presentation and should be between 10-15 minutes.Presenters will be asked to document their journey from idea to implementation or creation. All media outlets, colleges, businesses, community members, school board members and parents will be invited to the presentation day. Students will make their presentation several times during the day.
We will crown winners from each division, where those will winners will earn cash Scholarships from different businesses or Prize Money!! There will also be an overall winning team, and each member of the winning team will receive a FREE iPAD!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions, please get in touch with anyone from the Innovation Fair Committee!
Students: Hunter Wiesinger, Ty McClean, Mickayla Young, Ethan Bridges, Thomas Raymond, Isabella Davis, Madi Tapp, Halle Cox, Kevin Stinnett, James Burkheimer
Teachers - BHS Administrators (Mrs. Tarkington, Mrs. Winningham, Mrs. Churchwell, and Mr. Lowry), also Ms. McNully, Mr. Stigler, Mrs. Robinson, Mrs. Prothro,
Mr. Grant, and Mr. Jenkins