It is too early to get a quote for next winter season so I asked for a quote for the end of March which should be similar to the Nov dates. The price above does NOT include my consultation fee of $399 to research and plan this trip for you.
I spoke with several people who said that most people only spend 1 night in an igloo due to the tight quarters and lack of a shower. You only get a toilet and sink in the small igloo. You can always upgrade to a large igloo which comes with a shower but of course it is more expensive. I also included two activities for you so you can get a better sense of how much the total package will be. Most people do at least one activity/tour per day and if you are staying 4-nights that gives you 3 full days to plan activities for.
I would also recommend extending your stay in Helsinki since you have to have at least one overnight stay due to the flight schedules.
March 22, 2017
- Icelandair - Flight #680
- DEPART - 04:30PM - Seattle, WA [SEA]
- ARRIVE - 6:45AM - Keflavik, Iceland [KEF]
- **NEXT DAY ARRIVAL**
March 23, 2017
- Icelandair - Flight #342
- DEPART - 7:30AM - Keflavik, Iceland [KEF]
- ARRIVE - 12:55PM - Helsinki, Finland [HEL]
- Finnair Oy - Flight #559
- DEPART - 04:35PM - Helsinki, Finland [HEL]
- ARRIVE - 06:10PM - Ivalo, Finland [IVL]
- Shared Transfer from Ivalo Airport to Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort
- ACCOMMODATIONS - Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Lapland, Finland - East Village: Small Cabin With Breakfast And Dinner - Maximum 4 Guests - 3 NIGHTS
- Arrival Luggage Handling Service
- Fireplace service - Firewood starter box
- Daily Cleaning
March 24, 2017
- TOUR - Husky Safari 2-hour Afternoon Tour
- Other tour options - Snowmobile/Snow tank/Reindeer Safari
March 25, 2017
- ACCOMMODATIONS - Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Lapland, Finland - East Village Small Igloo With Breakfast And Dinner - Maximum 3 Guests - 1 NIGHT
- Luggage handling service
- TOUR - Visit Reindeer Fence with Horse Sleigh Morning Tour
- Other tour options - Smoke Sauna, Horseback Riding, Sleigh Ride,
March 26, 2017
- Enjoy the day on your own in your igloo
- Enjoy the Northern Lights from your private igloo
- Other tour options - Aurora Hunting, Visit Santa's Village, Ice Fishing, Snow School (learn to ski), Icebreaker Cruise
March 27, 2017
- Today you depart the Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort and begin your journey back home
- Departure Luggage Handling Service
- Shared Transfer from Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort to Ivalo Airport
- Finnair Oy - Flight #557
- DEPARTS - 01:20PM - Ivalo, Finland [IVL]
- ARRIVES - 02:50PM Helsinki, Finland [HEL]
- ACCOMMODATIONS - Cumulus Airport Congress Center, Helsinki, Finland - Double Standard Room - 1 NIGHT
March 28, 2017
- Icelandair - Flight #343
- DEPARTS - 03:35PM - Helsinki, Finland [HEL]
- ARRIVES - 04:00PM - Keflavik, Iceland [KEF]
- Icelandair - Flight #681
- DEPARTS - 05:00PM - Keflavik, Iceland [KEF]
- ARRIVES - 05:45PM - Seattle, WA [SEA]
Small Log Cabin
Our log cabins are made of impressively large kelo pines – trees that once stood dead and dried out – and designed in a rugged style that fits perfectly with their wild surroundings. While you won’t find widescreen TVs or dishwashers inside, you can enjoy even better sources of entertainment in every cabin – a fireplace and a sauna.
The small cabin for 4 persons has a small kitchen, sauna and sleeping quarters for 4 persons. One double bed and one bunk bed for two persons, ideal for 2 couples or a small family.
Small Glass Igloo Details
From inside one of our glass igloos, you can admire the northern lights and the twinkling of the bright, starry sky with your loved one – in the comforting warmth of room temperature. Under the glass roof you’ll find your own toilet, beds for two people and an additional bed, should you need it. Showers and saunas are available in separate buildings, with separate facilities for men and women. Our glass igloos are available right through the northern lights season, which begins around the third week of August and finishes around the end of April.
We would like to remind all guests that smoking is not allowed in restaurants, log cabins or igloos according to the Finnish Law. Our check-in time is between 14:00 to 15:00, while the check-out time is at 10:00. You are welcome to join some activities when waiting for the check-in. If you are staying in both East and West Village, we provide free transfer service for the for check-in / check-out from our village, please check the time with our receptionist upon arrival.
Weather and Clothing
The winter in Lapland can be brutally cold – so be sure to take with you warm clothes, gloves and a warm hat and boots. We do sell hats and mittens in our shops in case you forget something. Saariselkä town nearby has shops where you can buy everything you need. A down jacket is a good option here, if you wish, you can also rent thermal overalls, hats, mittens and boots from us. Read more about layered clothing here: www.visitfinland.com/article/how-to-dress-right-and-enjoy-the-winter
Our glass igloos are heated, so you will be warm inside. Also the cabins are centrally heated and have their own fireplaces. For the snow igloos – we provide you with a sleeping bag and a hat for the night, and you are welcome to rent our thermal overalls.