- Born January 12, 1964
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- As a toddler he dismantled his crib with a screwdriver
- Miguel Bezos legally adopted his stepson Jeff
- once rigged an electric alarm to keep his younger siblings out of his room
- He attended the Student Science Training Program at the University of Florida, receiving a Silver Knight Award in 1982
- He was high school valedictorian and was a National Merit Scholar
- Bezos graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree in electrical engineering and computer science.
- Bezos worked on Wall Street in the computer science field
- After that he worked on building a international trade network for a company known as Fitel
- in 1994, after making a cross-country drive from New York to Seattle, Bezos founded Amazon.com, writing up the Amazon business plan on the way.
- initially set up company in garage
- Bezos is known for attention to details
- In May 2016, Bezos sold slightly more than one million shares of his holdings in the company for $671 million, making it the largest amount of money he has ever raised in a sale of his Amazon holdings
- On Aug 4, 2016 - sold 1,000,000 of his shares at a value of $756.7 Million.
- As of September 21, 2016, Bezos owns 80.9 million shares of Amazon stock.
- The current market value of the shares personally owned by Jeff Bezos is $62,100,000,000.00.
- Famous Quote-"A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well."
- Character traits- Innovation. Persistence, Attention to detail
- Interesting fact- 2nd richest person in us and 3rd richest person in the world
- Amazon.com has effected my life because my mom buys from their
- In 2013, he purchased 'The Washington Post.'