Who is Vint Cerf?
- Vint Cerf also known as "The Fathers of the Internet" was one of the person that made the Internet.
- Shares title with co-inventor Bob Kahn
- He was born June 23, 1943
- New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.
- He was a manager for the United States Defense Advance Research Project Agency (DARPA)
- DARPA is responsible for the development of creating technologies for use by the military.
- He funded various groups to develop the TCP/IP technology.
- TCP/IP is a set of rules that controls the connection of the computer system to the internet.
- Vint Cerf was involved in the funding and formation of ICANN from the beginning.
- He waited in the wings for a year before he stepped forward to join the ICANN Board
- He soon became the chairman.
What impact did he have on the Internet
- Vint Cerf was one of the founder and developer of the internet.
- From 1976-1982 he worked with the U.S. Department of Defence's Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). He had a key role with leading the development of the Internet and Internet-related data packet.