REMEMBER: Sanitize Everything!
- Peel the apples and place the skins in the fermenter.
- Add the Pectic Enzyme to the fermenter.
- Juice the peeled apples and strain the juice into the fermenter.
- Add 2.5-3.0 grams of SafAle S-04 Yeast (or the entire packet)
- Install the airlock and fill it with inexpensive vodka.
- Let it ferment for 2-3 weeks out of the sun and in a spot between 60-74 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Yes, Sanitize Everything!
- Connect your filter system.
- Filter the cider to at least 1 micron (I want it to be crystal clear. You can age it longer if you don’t have a filter system and you can also filter using a 0.5 micron filter).
- Purge the keg of air and pressurize it to 20 psi.
- Agitate the keg with the CO2 cylinder attached.
- Place the keg with the CO2 cylinder attached in a spot out of the sun and where the temperature will be 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 week. This should force-carbonate the cider to around 2.0 Volumes of CO2.
- Counter Pressure Bottle Filler
- CO2 Cylinder
- 10-12 Clean 12 oz Beer Bottles
- 15 Bottle Caps
- Manual Bottle Capper
All images are the property of Thomas J. Chezem and protected under copyright laws.