Great Americans Day-NO SCHOOL
Remember: We will not be in school Monday, February 20th! Be sure to mark your calendars.
ISTEP will begin the week of February 27th. We have worked hard to prepare for the test and will continue to do so. Keep the following in mind:
- Begin your ISTEP routine now.
- Keep a consistent bedtime each night and get lots of sleep.
- Create time for your child to relax by doing a preferred activity, reading a book, playing a board game, etc.
- Nutrition is important! Lots of protein in the morning will stay with them through the test. Avoid sugary cereals and juices.
- Limit the electronics and video games,especially before bed.
We will continue to prepare next week. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Camp Tecumseh Money
Don't forget: your child's camp money will be due around Spring Break. We will travel down on May 17th and 18th. The cost of the trip is $60 and is due on March 20th. You may pay all at once or in payments.
We are still in need of parent volunteers. Please let me know if you are able to join us! Mandatory parent training on April 22nd at 9:30 A.M. It will last the morning and lunch will be provided. Check out more info here:
Beginning next week, we will begin review for the iREAD assessment. These are skills that students should be familiar with, but may need a refresher. We will practice these skills on our DLR each week until we take iREAD in March.
Expectations for Work
The vast majority of assignments and projects can be completed in class. Here are a list of items that we do bi-weekly:
- Stems Tracker
- Stems Quiz
Each week we do:
- DMR/DLR and Quiz
- Reading Comprehension
We had a conversation about QUALITY work this week. These are the expectations:
- Name, Student Number, Date
- Everything is answered, support given for each answer
- Correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation
- Answers make sense and have detail
- This is my best work
If you have questions, let me know. Here is the SOAP rubric
Wayne Twitter Chats
The MSD of Wayne Township hosts a weekly Twitter chat on Tuesdays at 8 P.M. Teachers, administrators, and school personnel discuss topics relevant to the Wayne Township community. Search for the hashtag #WeAreWayne and join us in the conversation!
If you have a change in your child’s transportation from school, please inform me via note or email BEFORE 2:00. Alternatively, you may contact the office directly and they will let me know.