APRIL 16 UPDATE
We are working around the crazy weather to get the parking lot reconstruction done as quickly as possible with as little inconvenience to our members and guests as possible.
- Within the next two weeks (weather permitting) we are hoping that the back lot will be completely excavated, restored, paved and striped. Thanks to some timely, generous donations, we been able to add the gravel and delivery areas to the job as well.
- Once these areas are complete the contractor will begin the front portion closest to the building (North End). At that time, parking in the south area of the lot will open. Cars will be able to pass through the north end along a designated pathway.
- When the north end is being worked on the entrance to the building will be temporarily moved to the delivery area doors. We will have signage throughout the parking lot and building and will give you plenty of notification when the change occurs.
Overflow parking can now be accessed on the northeast side of the Y.
Additional overflow parking can be found across Techny Rd. on Birch St. and Mulberry Rd.
- Please be considerate of the neighbors on these streets and do not park in front of fire hydrants, mailboxes and driveways.
- Please do not park adjacent to a driveway or anywhere it may make it difficult for the neighbors to leave their house.
- Try to avoid parking across the street from another car, so emergency vehicles have access to the street.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding while we finish this project.
North Suburban YMCA, NSYMCA