- Soil profiles- Soil is a reusable and renewable source. Mature soil has developed over a long time and is arranged in series of horizontal layers. The depth of the O horizon depends on the amount of vegetation. B horizon is the next layer, Roots extend to the E horizon to get water from minerals, The R horizon is the deepest soil horizon.
- Soil textures- Silt and Clay hold on to water. while sand lets it go through easily
Atoms and Ions
- John Dalton is the father of atomic theory.
- All matter consists of invisible particles called atoms
- Atoms of the same element are identical + different from other elements
- Atoms cannot be created or destroyed
- Atoms combine in simple whole number ratios
- Chemical reactions are atoms re-managing
- Ions have + or - charge written as a super script
- Ions compound is a metal and nonmetal combined