First Group Meeting
1. Relax and have a party.
2. Create an open & inviting atmosphere.
3. It’s all about cultivating relationships.
Typical Group Meeting
1. Welcome | Create a welcoming experience. Whether it’s over a meal, coffee, or just relaxing, allow time for people to engage each other.
2. Opener | Light guided discussion or an ice-breakers activity (see appendix for a list).
3. Study | Vides series (Community: Getting Started, RightNow Media), book, or chapter of the Bible.
4. Discussion | Deeper guided discussion with open-ended questions that drive action steps.
5. Wrap Up | Pray after the discussion and cover any group logistics.
Engaging Group Discussion
1. Be a facilitator, not a teacher.
2. Ask open questions & steer group discussion.
3. Mine for success stories.
4. Encourage everyone to participate.
5. Manage the different personalities.