A Little About Me
Hello! My name is Emily Plummer. I am a recent graduate from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. I am 23 years old and I was born and raised in Paris, Kentucky. I was in the marching band for 5 years and while I was there we won state and national titles. I am an avid dog lover, just ask my 5 dogs. I have always had a passion for working with children. I started teaching at my church and babysitting when I was 14 years old. Keep scrolling to find out more!
Bachelor degree in Elementary Education (K-5) from the University of Kentucky, 3.9 GPA, graduated May 7, 2017.
Associate in Science from Kentucky Community and Technical College System, 4.0 GPA, graduated May 2015.
Associate in Art from Kentucky Community and Technical College System, 4.0 GPA, graduated May 2015.
Kindergarten Student Teacher at Dixie Magnet Elementary School- Lexington, Kentucky. (January 2017-March 2017).
- Plan and conduct whole group and small group lesson plans and activities
- Collaborated with team members for daily and long range plans
- Created a Dr. Seuss Unit for "Read Across America" week that included a pre-assessment, formative assessments, a summative assessment, centers, and student use of technology.
- Planned differentiated instruction for all students
- Attended Professional Development seminars
- Lead an after school ELL homework club
- Managed the Kindergarten Complex activities for Multi-Cultural Night.
Fourth Grade Student Teacher at Dixie Magnet Elementary School- Lexington, Kentucky. (March 2017-May 2017)
- Learned how to effectively give reteaches to student to correct student misbehavior
- Implemented Kagan and APL strategies in the classroom
- Went on an overnight 4H field trip, as well as a field trip to Frankfort which centered on learning outside of the classroom and using real life experiences.
- Ran my own small group and center rotations for KPREP review.
- Graded student work and gave them the opportunity to fix.
- Attended Professional Development Seminars
- Lead an after school ELL homework club
- Created a 5 day unit on the Customary System of measurements, including a pre-assessment, daily formative assessments, a summative assessment, and daily student use of technology.
- Directed classroom activities for Kentucky History Night.
Preschool Teacher at Church of the Living God- Winchester, Kentucky. (2008-current)
- Plan and instruct lessons on their developmental level
- Work with children from all SES backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Serve lunch and monitor bathroom break
- Prepare activities and crafts
Elementary Education Certification from the state of Kentucky
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (Adult and Pediatric)
Samples of my Work
Classroom Management Plan
Domain 2 is about your classroom environment. It includes creating an environment of respect and rapport, establishing a culture for learning, managing classroom procedures, managing student behavior, and organizing physical space. Within my management plan, I touch on all of these points as well as every sub point for each section. I give my ideas and my opinions on how I want to do all of this in my own classroom. My management plan has been worked on and edited throughout my Elementary Education semesters at the University of Kentucky. Click below to see the document!
Professional Growth Plan
Domain 4 is about professional responsibilities. It includes reflecting on teaching, maintain accurate records, communicating with families, participating in a professional community, growing and developing professionally, and demonstrating professionalism. During my student teaching semester, I created and updated a PGP with the help of my cooperating teachers. Before the initial creating of my PGP, I took two self assessments and analyzed the data from them. I was able to see areas that I wanted to work on, and areas that I thought were my strengths right now. I took all of this information and created a plan to help me grow and develop professionally. Click the link below to see my PGP.
Letters of Recommendation
Below are links for the letters of recommendation I was given by my kindergarten CT, and my supervisors from the University of Kentucky.