Wave Season is upon us! For those who don't know what "wave season" is, it is a three month period from January 1st through March 31st when cruise lines and travel consultants offer major sales on almost all cruises. It is a Black Friday/Cyber Monday of sorts but for Cruise and River Cruise lines alike. There are always deals and steals to be had during this time, which equate to major savings on pricing, free upgrades, complimentary perks such as air credits, and incentives. This is also the best time to have your consultant reserve group space on a certain sailing you and your family have been eyeing. There is no better time during the year to book that once in a lifetime Alaska cruise, or celebratory Mediterranean cruise, or a romantic European River cruise, many well into 2020 and some even into 2021. My advice is to solidify your stateroom or suite as soon as possible, as the best itineraries, sailings, newest ships, and categories sellout first and quickly.
- The Azores - These jaw-dropping islands, part of Portugal, are often considered the most unique and beautiful islands of Europe. Unspoiled and quickly becoming a hotspot on the travel scene I suggest you visit now. Nonstop flights are now available from New York.
- Nashville, Tennessee - Well known as a country music lovers dream, it also provides a haven for true foodies. This city offers lots of history, plenty of outdoor activities, and amazing accommodations within and outside of the city limits. It's locale also allows for day trips to other impressive cities.
- Indonesia - Unbelievable massages and sublime spa treatments, flavorful and fresh food at every turn, hundreds of beautiful beaches, and temples galore make this a must have spot on your list. It doesn't hurt that there are over a hundred luxury properties to choose from.
- Zimbabwe - There is nothing more magical than hearing the roar and seeing the rainbow colors of Victoria Falls. Multiple hotels and lodges within minutes of either side of the falls offer safari animal views daily and some of the most amazing sunsets you will ever experience.
- Placencia, Belize - Not a stranger to tourist, this city offers warm blue waters, jungle treks, river rafting, and some of the best seafood you have ever eaten. It also happens to only be a short flight or a decent drive from Belize City.
BLUEPRINT HOSTED TRIPS 2019
Lot's of new things going on over at Blueprint Travel to talk about. If you are reading this then you already know about our first edition of our quarterly newsletter. We hope to bring you the latest in luxury travel news and our company travels and exclusive finds.
We have a brand new website! While we believe we can always work on ways to improve personally and professionally, our site should be an excellent source of information about what we offer and representative of our brand.
You will find us providing a window into experiences and locations we offer our clients and take ourselves daily through Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Every Friday our new blog page will feature exotic locations, travel tips, luxury amenities, and/or our most interesting travel moments. Our YouTube channel will feature resort/hotel site visits, ship inspections, and guest appearances by some of the industry's most influential people. The best thing is all of the above can be easily found on our website as well.
We have a referral program in place! Our clients are superb in referring us out to their family, friends, and colleagues. We don't take your trust in us for granted or lightly. Now, any referral (and their referee), who request a quote from us, shall receive a discount on our service fee. Also, any person that refers three individual clients who book and complete trips through Blueprint Travel, will receive a $50 donation, to a non-profit organization of their choice from our list, in their name.
First, I would like to say thank you to all of my clients. Blueprint Travel would not be where it is today without every single one of you. I appreciate your business, support, and referrals.
In 2018 we hosted our first 2 trips, Eat, Love, Pray! Women's Weekend in Cabo, and European Christmas Markets on the Danube. Both of which are now apart of our annual offerings. We found Alaska, the Caribbean, Europe, and South Africa at the top of our clients request lists this year, rightfully so. The year has shown a huge increase in the river cruise market, especially for 40-55 year old range and multi-generational families. Some of the main players have added on different types of active and interactive excursions to their itineraries. One thing is for certain, more people are traveling than ever and luxury properties/lines are forced to expand in new impressive destinations.
It's that time of year again for the New York Times Travel Show! As a New Yorker, now transplanted in Florida, I am always happy to go back home. It doesn't matter to me that it is during the dead of winter, when the forced heat is too hot to bare in my parents pre-war apartment and the wind can zip down the side streets like a bowling ball. This is one of my favorite travel conferences which is why I return year after year. I almost always find DMCs and suppliers who complement our agency and client goals. I also learn a bunch of new destination information, travel regulations, and what's new and upcoming on the travel scene. Great thing is they open the show up to everyone on Saturday and Sunday at the Jacob Javits center. If you have a free day definitely drop in and let me know. Maybe we can meet for coffee!
REAL ID is an important component of travel within the United States. Below is information taken from the government's website on this matter.
Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act enacted the 9/11 Commission's recommendation that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for official purposes licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards. States have made considerable progress in meeting this key recommendation of the 9/11 Commission and every state has a more secure driver's license today than before the passage of the Act.
Starting January 22, 2018, passengers who have driver's licenses issued by a state that is not yet compliant with REAL ID and that has not received an extension will need to show an alternative form of acceptable identification for domestic air travel. Please see TSA's website for a list of acceptable forms of identification. Passengers who have licenses issued by a state that is compliant or that has an extension to become compliant with REAL ID requirements may continue to use their licenses as usual. For a list of states already in compliance or with an extension visit DHS's REAL ID webpage. DHS continually updates this list as more states come into compliance or obtain extensions.
Starting October 1, 2020, every state and territory resident will need to present a REAL ID compliant license/ID, or another acceptable form of identification, for accessing Federal facilities, entering nuclear power plants, and boarding commercial aircraft. This is what we call “card-based” enforcement. The card, itself, must be REAL ID compliant unless the resident is using an alternative acceptable document such as a passport. The Act does not require individuals to present identification where it is not currently required to access a Federal facility (such as to enter the public areas of the Smithsonian) nor does it prohibit an agency from accepting other forms of identity documents other than documents from non-compliant states (such as a U.S. passport or passport card).
- Belmond Cadogan Hotel - London
- Jumeirah Al Wathba Desert Resort & Spa - Abu Dhabi
- Hotel Bennett - Charleston, South Carolina
- Fingal Edinburgh - Scotland
- Baker's Cay Resort - Key Largo, Florida
- Mandarin Oriental Wangfujing - Beijing, China
- Rosewood Miramar Beach - Montecito, California
- Six Senses Bhutan - Bhutan
- One Aldwych - London (refurbished)
- Discovery Eco Village - Rottnest Island, Australia
- MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa - Sonoma, California
- The Residence Maldives @ Dhigurah -Maldives
- Mandarin Oriental Doha - Doha
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeira - Dubai
- Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove - Miami, Florida
- Jumeirah at Muscat Bay - Oman
Created with images by Paul Volkmer - "untitled image" • Sebastian Davenport-Handley - "Lost in the Moment 10/10" • Comanche0 - "nature landscape lake of fire" • Nathan Lemon - "untitled image" • Tommaso Pecchioli - "Nowhere to go" • Pexels - "bridge brooklyn bridge buildings" • Sidney Pearce - "untitled image"