What is property market intelligence & why is it important?
Property market intelligence is analysing the data and market trends in an area. The property market changes regularily, and even small events can change property prices significantly, whether positively or negatively. Keeping on top of these moving trends will help you make a more informed decision for property investment.
If you're a property developer, a landlord with BTL properties or even just thinking of buying your first investment, you will be interested to know how property values perform.
What information should I be looking for with market intelligence?
- How many property transactions have there been, and how has that changed in the last year, 5 years, 10 years etc?
- Of those transactions, what price bands are they in?
- What is the average property price in the area?
- What are the average prices for terraced, semi detached, detached houses or flats?
- How have those property prices changed over - 1 year, 5 years, 10 years and what percentage growth have they acheived?
- What are the highest prices properties are achieving in the area?
Example of basic property market intelligence for Cardiff, May 2019