1. What type of text is it? What is its title? Website address?
1.Text type: News Articles
2.Title: N Korea missile launch fails day after military parade
2. Who are the primary and secondary target audience?(age, gender, ethnicity, interests etc.)
1.Primary target: A broad audiences who care about the international situation. For the news that is about North Korea's security, its main purpose audiences are those interested in North Korea.
2.Secondary target: Listeners not keen on military and international disputes
3. What are the text’s primary purpose and secondary purposes?
1.Primary purpose: The news report is mainly to tell the audience that the Korean Peninsula crisis is heavy and may conflict at any time.
2.Secondary purposes: In addition to the audience to report the objective facts of the Korean Peninsula crisis, but also to make their own judgments on this incident, the depth of mining the news.
4. What are contextual aspects of the text important?(year, location, political background, economic background, social factors etc.)
Year: The time of publication is accurate, the news must be timeliness.
Political background: The political background is important for the situation in the Korean peninsula crisis. The situation on the Korean peninsula is not only the interests of North Korea and Korea but also the attitude of the United States, Japan and China will have an important influence on this situation.
Economic background: North Korea cut its country from the outside world.
Social factors: North Korea's neighboring countries on the Korean missile test crisis, the governments have opposed the North Korean nuclear threat. This enhances the authenticity of news reports and makes the audience feel the crisis.
5. What important language/linguistic devices contribute to the text’s purpose?-register(colloquial, formal, semi-formal, slang), taboo language, emotive language, vague language, jargon, figurative diction, descriptive diction, direct comments, specific details and examples, humour, euphemisms, bias sensationalism, satire, irony,choice of lexis/diction, discourse markers,propaganda, rhetoric etc.
News reports are mainly used in formal and semi-formal languages.
This news story should not appear in the taboo language.
News reports pay attention to the objective reality can not appear emotional language.
In this news report in the face of the North Korean nuclear crisis, there has been some direct commentary language.
6. Is phonology important?(the sound of language, think onomatopoeia)
Important: Phonology is very important for News. Phonology can make the News catchy and attract the interest of the audience. A phonological news report will allow listeners to empathize with the news and gain a better audience effect.
7. Is syntax important? (sentence length, sentence construction, punctuation)
Important: Syntax is important for news reporting. This news sentence structure is simple, and the sentences are shorter. Longer sentences will not be conducive to the audience's understanding of the news, to reduce the public of the news report, while the construction of sentences will be conducive to the expression and reporting.
8. Is grammar important? (verb tenses, use of pronouns, the structure of the sentences)
Yes, grammar should not confuse the meaning of the content. There must be no grammatical mistakes in the news about international peace and national security. This will cause misunderstandings to the masses. Not conducive to the peaceful development of the international situation.It should be simple and clear, and should not interfere with the study of the content by creating additional work for the reader to try and understand.
9. What about pragmatics? (the underlying meaning, the author’s agenda)
Pragmatics is important in that the author should not have any bias or agenda. It should provide a balanced, objective, and critical overview as an introductory text of sociology without a favored argument or interpretation of the material or resource covered. Points and counterpoints should both be addressed, providing an opportunity for the reader to reach their own conclusions and perspectives by applying their own critical thinking.
10. Is typography important? Why?(a text’s layout, presentation, use of paragraphs, lists, ‘bullets’, font choices, underlining, italics, white space, color etc.)
Important: The typography of news is important for viewers. Good news typography will reduce the audience's reading time while allowing viewers to get the most valuable news in a shorter time. The news composition is divided into four parts, which makes it possible to grasp the focus and read clearly. At the same time, news reports will be the most valuable news typography in eye-catching places.
11. Visual images, charts, and graphics?
For news reports visual images, charts, and graphics are important. Because of news reports visual images, charts and graphics can help viewers to understand the content of the news more intuitively. In this news report, for example, the view shows us the scope of the nuclear threat and affected countries.
12. Other striking features? Tone? Style? Theme? Etc.
In the language style, the news emphasizes true and effective. For the Korean peninsula, the news of this language style belongs to a comparative focus on realism and emphasis on specific matters. For example this sentence the latest development came as US Vice-President Mike Pence arrived in the South Korean capital, Seoul, where he was expected to discuss the best way to deal with North Korea's missile and Nuclear programmes. More authentic
On the structure of the text in the news stress and before and after the same theme.
In intonation this article needs to use a more strong appeal tone. This will enhance the appeal of the article.